Chapter Fifty.

"You'll never be able to find the moonstone." Someone said. What the hell were people doing in my room? Didn't they know that I was trying to sleep? I didn't realise I was so tired but I was. My eyes felt like they had been cemented shut and they were stung.

"Moonstone?" A new male voice asked. He had an accent but I couldn't quite place it.

"This is the first I'm heard of it." Another female voice stuttered out quickly.

"I know where it is." Elena? Informed. What the hell is she doing here? This is why I like having a lock securely on my door.

"You have vervain around you neck, so I must assume you don't consume it." The male voice said again. He spoke funny.

Something connecting with the wall and I had to grit my teeth not to snap at them about breaking anything.

"Now," he started. "Where's the moonstone located?"

"In the tomb with Katherine." Elena answered instantly. Was it? How come I didn't know that? Are they keeping it from me? Bastards...

"I suppose we should be off then."

"Yes!" I exclaimed tiredly. "Please leave and shut the fuck up whilst you're at it. I'm trying to sleep."

The room fell silent.

"Now who would that be? I was under the impression I was here to collect one."

"I-it was an accident. " Another man stuttered. "They-they were together, but I think that you'd be curious when you get a good look."

"Rose?" The funny sounding guy said.

"You should take a look, Elijah." She responded.

"Please. I'm begging you –Shut the fuck up." I groaned.

Before 'Elijah' could actually leave like I asked, the other man spoke up. "Elijah, I thought that maybe presenting you with both the doppelgänger and her sister would appease you and make up for my betrayal all those years ago."

Okay, who the fuck were these people?

"Say no mor-"

"No! I need to apologize. You trusted me and I broke that."

Elijah hummed. "You did, didn't you-"

I clamped my hands over my ears to drown them out but suddenly a scream ripped through the air.

"No!"

I couldn't help the curiosity and slowly turned my head away around and my eyes widened at the scene.

First thing I notice was I wasn't exactly at home, instead in some abandoned house -Not the weirdest place I've ever woken up. And then the second was a dead body on the floor, their head laid limply beside it. His skin was grey and covered with dark veins, eye wide open but unseeing. 

"Hmm." I said and once again the attention was turned back to me. 

Elena was stood tense in the middle of the room, a tall, handsome, sexy amazing gorgeous HOT DAMN well dressed man stood in front of her, but his attention was aimed at me. 

"That's not possible." He said. 

I huffed annoyed. "Okay, it seems you're not leaving anytime soon." I rolled over and swung my legs over the side of the couch. It was only now that I realised how uncomfortable and lumpy the couch I was on was. And smelly too.

I grimaced and stood up. Stretching my arms high up above my head with a yawn. Before my arms fell heavily to my side. My hands slapped against my bare thighs and I glanced down. I was still in the dress from the masquerade party which was not pleasant. The heels -surprisingly and unfortunately- still on my feet