Chapter 77: Search and Destroy

Basically: So, how is the situation?

Hearing Marcel's question, Sherene shook her head with a grave face.

Sherene: Bad. We never expected the Duke to take such a drastic measure, so he caught us unprepared.

Matilda: I can't believe the duke is so crazy. Does he think the churches will let something like this pass? He will be hanged like the criminal he is!

Matilda said as she gritted her teeth in rage.

As everyone has enrage thoughts on the Duke, meanwhile, Nogla at the background scooping his nose with his index finger like an idiot spoke.

Nogla: Probably quite the opposite. I think the duke will end like a hero after everything ends.

Sherene, Matilda, his friends and the others were startled and looked at Nogla without understanding what he was speaking about.

Basically: Nogla, what the fuck are you talking about?

Vanoss: Marcel, I think his character effect his mental state. I think we lost the real Nogla we knew. What a shame 😞

Sherene: No wait, I think he has something.

Everyone: Huh?

Sherene: Mr. Nagle, can you please continue?

Nogla: Well, I have been thinking about it for a few second. I thought that no matter what the goal of these Duke guy is, using people as sacrifices will turn him into the enemy of the world. I don't think he is idiotic enough to do something like that. Thus, he must surely have something he is relying on :T

Delirious: Holy shit... that is the most smartest thing I ever heard from you, Nogla.

Wildcat: Is he a genius this whole time and we never knew it? Speak you dumb fuck! Tell us what are you hiding!? What did you do to our Nogla!!?!!

While Tyler grab Nogla's collar and shook him aggressively. Sherene, Matilda, and Julian furrowed their brows in thoughts, but they were unable to connect the dots so quickly.

Instead, it was Vanoss who seemed to have noticed something.

Vanoss: Was it those Church of Carnage assholes?

Hearing Evan's words, Marcel immediately reacted to it and realize something.

Basically: Maybe you and Nogla are right. Guys, think about it. We know that the Duke and the church of Carnage are allies, but the duke will never admit something like that. If my guess is not wrong after the duke accomplishes his goal, he will send his men to kill the members of the church of Carnage, he probably will go to the frontlines personally, fighting heroically and ending like a hero.

Julian: Are you saying that the duke is planning to betray the Church of Carnage? But these crazy terrorist bastards are not that stupid, how can they be fooled so easily?

Listening their conversation, Sherene shook her head with an expression of realization.

Sherene: I think not, the church of Carnage knows about the duke's plan. In fact, they agreed to it.

Julian: Huh?

Sherene: Think about it, Mr. Julian.....