12) My Woman

A girl stood there looking back at Chandni. She was beautiful and attractive. Her lips were soft, making a bow as she smiled.

Her raven hair was kissing the curve of her hips while some of her short hair layed daintily on her shoulders.

Eyes were pretty and her nose was cute. She was gorgeous from outside but from inside she was selfish.

The chocolate colored dress was complimenting her brown skin enhancing the curves of her body. It made her look sexy.

Chandni smiled at the selfish girl before her as the girl asked her,"Don't you hate yourself for being this selfish?"

The vulnerability in Chandni's eyes mirrored that of her reflection and she answered herself, " I have left everything behind. If I don't get selfish now I will lose everything. I can't wait more. I need this chance," she tried to convince herself, looking at the mirror.

"But living with a man who is about to get married. Is that right? Being his slut? Don't you feel you are getting filthy. It's not us, Chandni," she questioned herself or more like her mirrorself questioned her.

Chandni looked down thinking about something through which she could convince her conscience who was saying that whatever she was doing is wrong.

"It's only about three days," she said in a whisper.

"Three days with that man as his slut! What if he once again force sex on you."

"Then we will delay sex. I will tell him a lie and not let him touch me. I am only his namesake slut," she tried to justify herself but even she knew there was nothing like any namesake slut.

"Everything will be fine. Nothing will happen to me. Our plan will be successful. The kids and we are going to get free from him. Be positive," she tried to justify her wrong decision.

"Have you ever thought about what people will think about you ? Asked her conscience,"In people's eyes you will be a bad woman."

The truth pierced her like a needle and she recalled how every eye in the palace-like house was looking at her with disgust after she left Sabiq's room.

They were unknown to her, their thought about her should not bother her but it did when one of Sabiq's men whispered to another,"She is capo's whore."

That's when she understood the not so positive outcome of her decision. She will go away from his life after three days most probably getting everything which she was desiring but there will be an imprint in everyone's mind.

Imprint of Chandni as Sabiq's three days mistress.

Chandni closed her eyes and remembered what her mother taught her.

"Insaan apne nazar mein acha hona chahiye. Duniya ki nazar main toh bhagwan bhi bura hota hai," she whispered.

(One should be good in their own eyes because even god is bad in people's eyes)

Shaking her head in contentment she said,"I will make him confess all his wrong doings and viral the audio clip. I am not gonna wait any more . I will do it tonight only and after taking my camera from him. I will go away from here. Yeah," she looked at her reflection again.

"You are strong. Yes you are," straightening her back she said to herself.

"What the hell are you wearing!" screamed someone from behind and Chandni shut her eyes tight, knowing it was the mafia boss.

Slowly, she turned to him and met his eyes, "Clothes," she mumbled.

"Oh thanks for enlightening me," she winced internally when he mocked her on her face.