Furious Raikage

"R-Raikage-sama p-please calm down. I have sent two more teams to search for their whereabouts." One of the men sitting at the table said.

Listening to this the fourth Raikage A chuckled and said "7 of our jonin go missing in the Land of Wind. Do you think 2 teams will be enough?"

The man looked at the other people sitting at the table so that someone could support him or at least give a solution to this. Suddenly an old woman sitting at the table said

"A...I do agree that 2 teams are not enough for this but we can't afford to spare more jonin for this. The fact that we send 7 jonins and now 2 teams to the Land of wind. If we send more teams the Land of stone might notice it. That Onoki is vicious and may find a way to turn these events for his own good." the old woman had a calm demeanor while saying this and no one interrupted her.

Even the furious Raikage lowered his voice and said "Elder what you are saying does make sense b-but.." A said while gnashing his teeth. As the Raikage he can't abandon the shinobis of his village.

The old woman smiled and said "A I am not saying that don't do anything. I think sending C and Darui will be appropriate. They are the 3rd Raikage's students and can handle themselves."

As the old woman said this everyone's eyes shifted to 2 people leaning on the wall of the room. One of them was a young woman with blonde hair. She was C, a student of the previous raikage. Beside her was a guy with white hair and a twig in his mouth. The man was dozing off a little and didn't notice that everyone was looking at him.

C elbowed darui which made him wake up. As he woke up he saw everyone was looking at him. He looked at C beside him and asked "Was I snoring too loudly?"

'This lazy ass will get me punished as well one day' C thought as she facepalmed herself.

"Darui" A said in a demanding tone which made Darui's laziness vanish instantly. His demeanor which looked normal suddenly changed to serious. He walked near the table and looked at A.

"You and C go to the Land of wind and find out where are our 7 jonins and Shinzo. No village has taken credit for capturing or killing them nor has anyone collected any bounty so the chances of them being alive is high. If possible try to keep Shinzo's cover as a traitor intact." A gave an official mission to Darui and C as he said this.

"We will give you the results as soon as possible Raikage-sama" Darui and C said as they bowed and left the room.

Raikage looked behind him where a woman with silver hair and dark green kimono was standing. She was Raikage's assistant Mabui.

Raikage looked at her and said "Mabui keep an eye on whether someone tries to claim their bounties." as he said this Mabui nodded.

Raikage looked ahead and said "This meeting is dismissed. Let's wait for a report from the 2 teams or Darui and C. 8 Jonins don't just vanish in thin air and Sand village doesn't have the strength to fight against them and get rid of them so quietly. This is the main reason we sent Shinzo to the Land of Wind and the other 7 to collect information and kidnap kids with bloodline limits. "

Everyone started leaving the room and after a few minutes, only the 4th Raikage A and Mabui were left in the room. A stood from the round table and went to the corner of the room which was his personal table. As he sat at the table he massaged his temples.

Seeing this Mabui walked toward him and asked "You seem very tensed about this matter Raikage-sama. Is something the matter?"

Mabui had been working as an assistant of A for quite a few years now. She has seen him go through many conflicts and face them head-on. But this is the first time he has shown such pessimism.

A looked at Mabui and said "All of the 8 missing shinobis are elite jonins of our village. It was Akio's strategy to declare Shinzo as a traitor so that he can roam the shinobi world and collect information and look for opportunities to get resources and kidnap bloodline limit kids. This time Shinzo had sent a report that he had plundered 2 caravans of Hidden Sand goods. Akio had told him to not even think about entering the Land of fire and I am sure Shinzo won't disobey Akio's orders. Akio and 6 other elite jonins went to Shinzo so that they could think of a plan to create more troubles for the Land of Wind. With Akio being among them I refuse to believe that they had some problem communicating with us or are lost."

Mabui was a little shocked hearing this. Akio even though was just an elite jonin had immense support from other jonins. He would be the one making to make such schemes and execute them. He would directly report them to the Raikage.

Mabui hesitated a little and said "Raikage-sama then that leaves us only one conclusion."

*sigh* The Raikage sighed as he said "Yes...Akio and 7 others have been killed and by someone who isn't a bounty hunter nor wants the recognition of killing cloud ninjas."

Mabui asked with a frown on her face "Who could be capable of such a feat?"

Raikage chuckled as he said "Definitely not the Hidden Sand Village. They are the weakest of all. I don't see a reason why hidden leaf will interfere in matters not their own. The only one that comes to mind is that bastard Onoki but he would have rubbed it on my face after killing them."

Mabui said "You are forgetting something Raikage-sama" A looked at her as she continued to say

"The land of Wind Daimyo doesn't trust the Hidden Sand much and gives many missions to the hidden leaf as its cheaper and even more efficient. What if the Wind Daimyo gave this mission to hidden leaf as well?"

A raised his eyebrows and stood up. He thought for a few seconds and said "It is possible but the chances are negligible as they don't know that Shinzo is a spy and for a simple bandit mission old man Hiruzen won't send a team strong enough to take down shinobis like Akio, Shinzo, and others. Let's hope the ones we have sent will bring a positive report."

Write a review for this novel

----------------------------------------------

To read 7 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://p@treon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.