Lion in a Den

Extra 10 chapters on my P@treon

Link in synopsis

------------------------------------------

Hiruzen was satisfied to hear that even though Sakura was weak in terms of ninjutsu and Taijutsu Kakashi wasn't going to give up on her. Thinking about Sasuke suddenly the picture of Yami came to Hiruzen's mind. He knew that Kakashi had interacted a lot with Yami even more than Guy so he asked

"Kakashi if you don't mind me asking, how is Yami doing?"

Hearing Hiruzen asked about Yami Kakashi felt a little odd and to his side Kurenai's ears perked. Asuma simply looked at Kakashi as he never had any interaction with Yami nor had he heard anything about him except the fact that Kurenai had once told him that Yami is good at genjutsu.

Kakashi cleared his throat and said "His progess is going really good. Among the 3 techniques you gave him he has mastered the B-rank Electric detonation technique to a certain extent. He has also increased his proficiency in C-rank Lightning beam jutsu and is even trying to improve it. He still hasn't touched the S-rank jutsu yet."

Hearing the last part Shikaku felt a little shocked as he said "Huh? I thought he would be excited and give most of his time mastering an S-rank jutsu."

Asuma and Kurenai were a little shocked to hear that Hiruzen gave Yami an S-rank technique. Even a B-rank is more than what should be given but here Hiruzen gave an S-rank to a 8 year old kid.

"Father isn't giving an S-rank too much of a risky move. He might hurt himself seriously trying to perform such a move as S-rank jutsus take a lot of toll." Asuma said as he forgot any etiquette and instead of calling him Hokage-sama like a professional jonin he addressed him as father.

Before Hiruzen could say anything Shikaku turned back and looked at him while saying "Hokage-sama you told me that this S-rank jutsu is a test for Yami but he hasn't even started to train yet."

"A test?" Kurenai and Asuma said together. Even Kakashi frowned listening to it. He knew that Hiruzen wasn't the kind of person who would put a kid's life in mortal danger for a mere test.

Hiruzen took a deep breath and looked at all 4 jonins standing in front of him. All 4 were waiting for his answer eagerly. Hiruzen eyes stopped at Shikaku and said

"The test wasn't to see how much time Yami takes to learn an S-rank jutsu but does Yami learn it or not and if yes then how much time can he control himself. Say Kakashi did you ever ask him why he didn't learn it?"

Kakashi shrugged and said "I did but he said that there is no hurry."

Hiruzen chuckled and said "Hehe...this kid" then Hiruzen noticed that all 4 jonins were looking at him with confused faces so he said

"If I had given the S-rank jutsu to a normal kid or even a prodigy like Neji, Sasuske or anyone else then they would have jumped on it and wouldn't stopped until they have performed it even if it drains all of their chakra. Yami's chakra is already enough to perfom that technique but he didn't try to learn it because he doesn't like unwanted attention. That's why when last year I told Might Guy not to enroll his squad for chunin exams, Yami didn't object at all infact Neji and rock lee both wanted to participate. Yami's strength is deadly but his mind is deadlier."

Hiruzen's last assessment of Yami became even more stronger after this. Even Shikaku realized that what Hiruzen said did make a lot of sense and that things were truly proceeding as Hiruzen thought.

Kakashi never thought about Yami in such a way so he said "Hokage-sama I don't think this is any reason to worry. As long as Sasuke is in the village and Safe, Yami won't act against the village."

"How can an 8-year-old have such a mind?" Asuma asked. He thought that everyone was exaggerating Yami's strength and intelligence.

"Don't forget that he is an Uchiha." Hiruzen reminded and then he looked at Shikaku and asked "Where is Yami today?"

Shikaku quickly said "Team Guy is on a mission. They will come a week later. It's a 2-week long bodyguarding mission. One week has passed already."

Hiruzen nodded and said "That means he will miss Sasuke's graduation. No matter, the three of you can leave now. After graduation, you can assess your squads."

Bowing to Hiruzen the three 3 jonin instructors left the office. Outside the Hokage building, Asuma lit a cigarette while Kurenai turned back and asked Kakashi with a serious expression

"What do you think about what Hokage-sama said about Yami?"

Kakashi thought for a few seconds and answered "To be honest, Yami and me practice ninjutsu a lot but he never talks about anything unnecessary and he always has a cold temperament so it is hard to even guess what's going on in his mind. Why are you so worried?"

Kurenai with a little embarrassed face said "Actually his genjutsu is leagues ahead of mine and I am equally responsible for increasing his overall strength."

Asuma raised his eyebrows after hearing the first part and walked in front of Kurenai and asked "His genjutsu is even better than you?"

"Way better" Kurenai said as she sighed. She could also never guess what was in Yami's mind but she never saw him as an enemy.

Kakashi started to walk away from Asuma and Kurenai as he said "He is a lion sleeping in his den...if no one wakes him up then there is nothing to worry about."

Asuma looked at Kurenai's mood which seemed a little down and said "Kurenai don't worry about things that have happened and that will happen. Nothing is in your hands. For now, think about how you are going to handle your squad."

Kurenai looked at Asuma and said "Yeah I am not lucky like you to get a squad that can execute a combo and has their path already paved for them. Don't forget Choza's son is in your squad and he will eat away all the money you earn." Kurenai giggled and seeing this Asuma could help but chuckle and smoke.

Write a review for this novel and drop some power stones.

----------------------------------------------

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://p@treon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.