Kurenai progress

Things were going pretty normal for Yami and the people around him. It had been almost a year now since Yami had graduated. In the past months, Yami and his team had been given several C-rank missions. Hiruzen made sure that Yami's name wasn't widespread. He had the whole team Guy be lowkey as he was afraid other villages would target them. From time to time Kakashi would come to the Uchiha training ground to practice jutsus with Yami. Kakashi helped Yami improve his Chidori. Kakashi was shocked to see that the week he left Yami's chakra was low jonin level but when he came Yami's chakra had reached Kage level.

He asked Yami who told him that it was the result of his summoning. Kakashi told him to show the summoning perks he gained, to which Yami only mentioned more chakra capacity and the ability to disperse into numerous bats in the middle of a fight. Seeing Yami disperse into bats reminded Kakashi of Itachi. It was a kind of nostalgia for him but Kakashi was happy to see that even after such a tragedy Yami didn't let the darkness taint him. Hiruzen had told him to see how Sasuke was behaving and luckily Kakashi noticed that due to Yami, Sasuke wasn't too engrossed in revenge.

In the past few months, Yami had also visited Kurenai who was now using him to increase her resistance to Genjutsus. She even sparred with Yami who was leagues above her in terms of Taijutsu. Yami did realize that now she was stronger than her canon self. Yami knew she was going to get busy this year onwards as she will take a genin team herself.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Hokage building...

Hiruzen who as always was sitting in his chair smoking his pipe and surrounded by heaps of paperwork. On the chair across the table, Shikaku Nara was sitting with a few papers in hand.

Knock...

Knock...

"Come in." Hiruzen said and the door opened. Kurenai in her usual red & white tape-like dress entered the office followed by Asuma Sarutobi and Kakashi Hatake who both had worn regular Flak jackets.

All three bowed toward Hiruzen to which the old man smiled lightly as he said

"Do you know why I have called the three of you?"

Kurenai looked at Asuma who could only shake his head in denial. Seeing that Asuma and Kurenai weren't saying anything Kakashi took two steps ahead and said

"You want to assign each of us a genin squad." Hearing this Asuma and Kurenai both raised their eyebrows and looked at Hiruzen for confirmation.

"You never cease to amaze me Kakashi." Hiruzen said as he signaled Shikaku who passed 3 sheets each of paper to Kurenai, Asuma, and Kakashi.

The three of them looked through those papers which were apparently the genins that would be in their squad. The first one to speak was Asuma who said

"I get Ino-Shika-Cho combination to groom. I can work with that." Listening to this Shikaku chuckled and said "Shikamaru is as lazy as one can be so you might have to work a bit harder than usual." to which Asuma smiled and nodded.

The next one to speak was Kurenai who said "Hokage-sama Kiba and Shino are both students whose main focus is their clan's secret jutsu and the last one is the Hyuga princess who also performs her clan's jutsu. Do you think I will be the suitable choice to guide them?"

Kurenai thought that when she would get the job as a jonin instructor, she would get civilian genins. Her only strong point was her genjutsu and she knew that now in the shinobi world, people didn't give much importance to genjutsu. Her Taijutsu was barely jonin level a year ago but due to her spars with Yami, her taijutsu had read mid-jonin level. And now she was given a quad of clan genins and all three of them were different from each other. In temperament and even in the type of fighting style and none of them had any relation to genjutsu.

Hiruzen puffed out some smoke and said "The genin squad that I have given focuses completely on sensors. And I believe you can handle the fiery attitude of Kiba Inuzuka, you can make the quiet Shino Aburame socialize and, you can help Hinata Hyuga overcome her self-doubt and help her open up in terms of her attitude and even her strength. She has a lot of potential but the thing she fears is hurting someone."

Listening to all this a warm feeling arose in Kurenai's heart as she quickly bowed and said "Thank you Hokage-sama for showing so much belief in me. I will make sure to be true to it and grow my genin team to its full potential."

Seeing Kurenai all fired up made Asuma smile. When he heard about Kurenai's team even he was a little worried because the team didn't match Kurenai at all but he knew that his father wasn't called 'the professor' for nothing and he would have definitely thought of something to take a decision like this.

Seeing that Kakashi didn't say anything about his squad Hiruzen took the initiative to ask "Do you have any questions about your squad Kakashi?"

Kakashi thought for a few seconds and said "I have seen Naruto from time to time and due to his sparring with Sasuke in the past year, his strength is good. And to talk about Sasuke Uchiha, I visit his younger brother from time to time so I have seen Sasuke many times, though his temperament is a little quiet and doesn't talk unless needed, he has high potential. The weak link I see here is Sakura Haruno. She doesn't have any strong points or types of clan techniques where she can focus and she doesn't even have the motivation to become stronger. But still, I will need to focus on her more and make her the piece of the puzzle that fits with the other two perfectly."

After hearing Kakashi's response Hiruzen said "I expect nothing less from you Kakashi."

Write a review for this novel and drop some power stones.

----------------------------------------------

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://p@treon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.