Chapter 10 - Jelaousy

When I get out the shower, I wrap myself with a towel and go to the room to redo my washed off make-up. I'm in the process of putting on mascara when there's a knock on my door. Soon after somebody walks in and I only notice it's my mate when I can see him through the mirror.

I jump a little. I expected somebody else. He looks at me up and down, seeing I'm only wearing a towel. I can see his eyes getting darker which makes my heart beat faster. I've got to do something before-

He takes his shirt off, revealing his toned body. Before anything went between us I wanted for him to find out the truth about Darcy. My heat just ruined this plan. He crashes his lips against mine before I have time to think. There's no escape from this. Not only a wall is in my way but also the bond and and my current state so it would be impossible for me to push him away. I don't want to.

The kiss leads on so quickly that it almost feels like deja vu from the night I got pregnant. Which reminds me... I cannot get pregnant again! But before I know it the towel is gone and so are my mate's trousers.

~~~~~~~~~~

*Josh's POV*

I brush through her soft, still wet hair with my fingers. Her head is resting on my chest and one of her legs is entangled with mine. This wasn't supposed to happen. It wasn't my plan.

I went to her room to check up on her since Darcy was alone for about an hour now. She was happily making new friends and playing hide and seek in the garden. It confused me as if to why Lexie would let her go like that though, she doesn't seem to trust anyone around here.

As soon as I walked into her room, her scent was stronger than ever and I just knew she was on heat. I couldn't help myself and by the looks of things neither could she. If it didn't lead to it, she'd stay on heat for at least a week and somebody could easily take advantage of her. Other wolves would be attracted to her more than ever and I just couldn't let that happen.

Now the mate bond is complete anyway. All that's left to do is for her to finally accept me and to create a better relationship with Darcy. I need her in my life, I need her by my side.

Putting it simply, I don't regret a thing. It's midday so anybody could catch us but I really don't care. I never want this moment to end, just resting with her next to me. I listen to her calm breathing, each breath she takes in and each breath she lets out.

I lean my head down to trail kisses on her neck. This makes her look up. Oh, those eyes...

She wraps her arm around my neck and kisses me. It's a long, deep kiss. She's perfect. Why did I not get a mate like her at first?

"I love you." I tell her. She seems hesitant and careful.

"I love you too." She whispers. She gives me one last kiss before standing up. It takes everything in me to not look at her as she gets changed. This mate bond got so strong over the last few hours... few hours!

It's come to a point I really want to mark her, show everybody she's mine, show her off to the world. It's just too soon...

There's a knock on the door just as she finishes getting changed. She walks over to it, opening it slightly and covering that whole gap with her body.

"We're about to serve lunch. Darcy is still playing outside, she's fine." I hear Will's voice.

"Thank you, Will. I'll be down shortly." She answers him.

"Why do you have the Alpha's smell all ov-" He starts but then stops himself in realisation. I see a part of his face and he's now got an amused expression. I want to face palm myself.

"Goodbye, Will." I hear Lexie tell him, shutting the door. Just by the tone of her voice I can tell she's grinning too.

She turns around, leaning on the door. I can tell she's holding back a laugh.

"Busted." She says, still amused and I can't help but let out a chuckle.

I get up from the bed and put some boxers on, then grab my clothes and start getting changed. In that time, I see Lexie finishing off some make-up. After we're both ready, we walk downstairs, hand in hand.

This escalated quicker than I hoped, I think to myself. She's mine. She's finally mine.

As we walk into the dining room, I can just feel the stares. I look around. My parents are now gone. Tyler and Will are both here, the 3rd and 4th in command. This includes Bethany. Her piercing eyes stare at me and I'm telling you now she's not happy.

Who could blame her though? She obviously still has feelings for me and as much as I want to deny it, there's a part of me, my wolf side that wants her. I shake the thought off.

I feel very empty and numb suddenly as Lexie lets go of my hand. Instead she opens her arms up, squatting to a running Darcy.

"Mummy!" Darcy cheers as she bashes into her arms. Lexie smiles. How it warms my heart to see them both smile... Even though Darcy isn't biologically mine, I feel like it's the complete opposite. I already love this little girl and I will be a good father to her.

I'm dying to know who the father actually is and it pains me but I'm guessing it's a touchy subject. Tyler told me his parents died because of an attack. Lexie probably went out to party and it was a one night stand, just like when I met her at that club over 5 years ago.

I guess we've got that in common. We go out to get drunk when we don't want to feel pain and stress. If it wasn't for the weak feelings I still in a way have for Bethany, she'd be dead years ago. For now I have to deal with the fact she is staying in my pack. If I banished her, she'd tell everybody the truth.

Short but IMPORTANT chapter!
Okaaay. This chapter may have been confusing but that is kind of the point because it hints a few things *wink wink*
Anyway, if you're confused, that's totally the point so dont worry.
To sum it up;
-Lexie and Josh are now mated, all that's left is for him to mark her
-Josh reveals he has some mystery feelings for Bethany but also hates her... *gasp* I do wonder why... ;)
-Josh thinks Darcy is not his and that it was a one night stand Lexie had like she did with him a few years ago when they first met.
-He thinks Lexie must have gone out to that club back then to get drunk after her parents died, like he did because of something. Something happened for Josh to go get drunk too and I do wonder what that may be too... ;)
Could there be a link perhaps?
I'm leaving you guys to it, lol.
Updates will now be Mondays and Fridays for now!
-A