Happy Birthday Shinichirō

MY LOVE FOR THIS MAN IS BEYOND MY LOVE FOR LIFE! That's a lie, I love my life more but you get it... Anyways, today is his birthday and what a better gift than a bday special?! Btw, this is canon to the story!! Now, HBD to our favorite Soft-headed big brother!!

-----

If there was a limit to how many hints you had given Shinichirō to drop the name of something that he wanted, well congratulations! You had crossed that limit.

By now, you were sure you were on the verge of tears as there was nothing you could think of to give your older brother-figure Shinichirō. He always bought you such amazing gifts that you felt like an idiot whenever you gave him something like a carburetor or another part of a bike as a gift.

But then again, it seemed like Shinichirō did not want anything. You tried to think of something that he might have mentioned in a previous conversation, something that he may have wanted, but nothing came to your mind.

'What is it that Shinichirō-niisan desperately needs? Well, he's in need of a lovelife but I doubt I'll be able to help him score a date...' You thought to yourself, heaving a sigh as nothing came to mind.

But then it finally came to you... A date!!

You can just let him enjoy a date! Sure, it won't be with his crush but at least his gang members would provide a fun company.

You grinned at the idea before pulling out your phone and ringing up Takeomi-niisan, telling him the plan and asking him to tell the others as well.

-----

On the actually day of his birthday, Shinichirō was seated at the dining table in his house. He had to beg his grandfather for a cake and all the poor guy got was a mini cupcake, not even a full-sized cupcake!! Emma was on a study date and Mikey was out with Keisuke.

Slamming his head on the wooden table, he immediately regretted his decision as a searing pain spread throughout his head, "Ugh..." He whispered while cradling his forehead. He felt kind of sad that his family wouldn't celebrate his birthday but then again, he was almost an adult that was about to turn twenty.

He really didn't have a need to celebrate his birthday but the childish urge to do it, was ever eminent. And so, with a sigh, he was about to haul his body to his room to sulk in a corner, when he heard his phone ring. With a heavy heart, he picked it out to see Takeomi calling him.

The entire day had went by and his friends didn't even wish him a single 'Happy Birthday' and you were nowhere to be found. Damn, as if his non-existent love life wasn't enough of a mockery, now his friends are ignoring him too?

But regardless of his sulking, he picked up the call, "Hello?" He almost whined, making Takeomi roll his eyes at the other side at how dramatic his childhood friend was, "Get your ass out here and bring your bike keys with 'ya!" The scarred man sneered into the phone, surprising Shinichirō as he immediately cut the line.

"Huh?" Was all the confused ravenette could utter as he wordlessly complied and got his keys. Walking out of his house, his eyes widened upon seeing Takeomi, Waka, Benkei and you, all waiting for him.

"Y-You guys?!" He whisper yelled while you, who was seated behind Benkei, giggled softly at Shin's odd antics, "Happy Birthday, Shinichirō-niisan!!" You were the first to greet him as you got off the bike and hugged him, but due to your childishly small body, you only reached his waist. He returned your hug back almost immediately, bursting out into tears at the sweet gesture. Or maybe, it was because neither Mikey nor Emma had bothered wishing him.