13. questions

(hi! before the chapter starts please comment or at least vote so I know you like the story and that I should continue writing :) )

"Can you slow down a little?" Richard asked the girl who was walking quickly in front of him. It was as if she was running away from him, and maybe from her point of view it was a little true. 

"Nope." she shook her head and started walking even faster. 

"Hey," he grabbed her hand and said. "slow down." 

Nina turned to see his eyes only a few inches from hers. 

"Um-" she took a step back. "I just want to be home as soon as possible. It's getting dark already." 

"Are you still afraid to walk alone on the street at night?" he asked with a smile as he remembered the memories. 

"You never know what kind of person is next to you." she shrugged and started walking again, this time slower and next to Ricky. "Can be dangerous."

"Okay, how about this..." he started and the brunette looked at him waiting for an idea he would say. "If you can't come home before it's dark, I'll go with you to your house and make sure you got home safely."

The girl smiled for a second as she remembered the old days when he always walked home with her. "You- you don't have to do that." 

"I want to." 

"I'm sure we'll make it just in time and that won't be necessary." she answered and then unlocked the door to the diner. 

"So why are you really here?" she asked out of curiosity. "Why now? After so many years."

He took a deep breath. "Only now they allowed me."

"What do you mean?" she looked at him confused opening the cabinet in which the notebook was.

"My whole career- heck my whole life, is organized for me by my manager Zack." he told her sadly. "I can never do anything without his permission." 

"Are you serious?" she asked in shock. "That's terrible."

"On the other hand, I'm living my dream life. Concerts and fans..." he smiled. "When I'm on stage and they sing the words to my songs, then I know it's all worth it." he said and sat down. 

"That sounds amazing." the brunette smiled as it was her dream too. 

He looked at her with a big smile. "I would like to see you on a stage one day." 

She sat down on the chair next to him. "That's just a dream." 

"It could be a reality." 

She shook his head. "You are living the dream life for both of us." 

"Believe me, it's not such a dream." 

"What does that mean?" 

"I don't have any privacy, I don't make decisions about my own life, even if it's not about work-"

"-and you have to sing those terrible songs." she cut him off, finishing his sentence.

"Why don't you like my songs?" she asked Ricky.

"Because there are not your songs." she answered and he was surprised by what she said. 

"Wh- what?"

"Ricky I'm not stupid." she told him. "I know you. Better than anyone else. And I know that the songs I heard on the radio are not the songs you wrote. I heard the ones you used to write. These are not even similar to those. These seem fake, not genuine. I just know it's not your writing."

"You called me Ricky again." he smiled.

"Yeah and what else should I call you?" she laughed. "That's your name."

"Since I came here you have only called me Richard."

The smile disappeared from her face. She did not realize what she was saying to him because she felt as if they had gone back in time. Like he never left and they were best friends until now. As if nothing had changed.

"I wanted to sing my own songs." he continued when Nina was quiet for too long. "But Zack said I have no talent for writing."

"So he's an idiot, huh?" she said. "You have talent, I know that... Are you still writing your stuff?" she asked him.

"I used to. Now I have so much work that I don't have time for it anymore."

"I can't imagine Ricky without writing songs." she smiled and he laughed too. "It is our way of expressing ourselves and we'll say everything that we are otherwise afraid to say in songs. But I guess Richard is just different....  Can i ask something?" she said quietly. 

He just nodded slowly. "Is it true what you said at the picnic? That your biggest regret is that you left?" Nina asked hopefully.

"Yes." he answered truthfully. "I lost my friends, my relationship with my family changed, I lost you."

The girl was shocked by what he said about her and became nervous. "Um, it's too late." she stood up. "We should probably go home." She grabbed the notebook, turned around and wanted to walk out, but his voice stopped her. 

"Now I want to ask something."

"What if I don't want to answer?" she said because she was afraid of what he would ask her.

"You already asked a lot of questions and I answered them. I just want one question." 

"Okay." Nina whispered.

"Why didn't you want to answer the question about the first kiss?"

That shocked her. She didn't want to answer but couldn't find a way to avoid answering. 

She took a deep breath to prepare for her answer as she decided to tell the truth.

"I never had my first kiss."

——————
And i'm back!!

I hope you liked the chapter.

love u all, Sof♡