Chpt 37: I Fucking Did It

Steve began driving as Dustin gave us the directions to his homemade radio tower. "Jesus, how far is this place?!" Steve exclaimed. "Relax, we're almost there" Dustin said. "Suzie must be pretty special, huh? I mean, if you built this thing and lugged it all the way to the middle of nowhere just to talk to her" Robin said.

"I mean nobody's scientifically perfect but Suzie's about as close to being perfect as any human could possibly be" he said. "She sounds made up to me. Does she sound made up to you?" Erica questioned.

Steve and i both looked at each other as we stayed quiet. "Why are you hesitating?" Dustin asked us angrily. "I'm... I'm not! I think she sounds real. You know, totally, absolutely real" Steve said.

"Yeah... Definitely" i mumbled. Everyone went quiet. "Left. Turn left!" Dustin said. "There's not a road here" Steve said. "Turn left now!" Dustin shouted. "Jesus! Hang on!" Steve called out as he drove through a fence. He put his arm out in front of me as we crashed through.

"Did you seriously just mom me right now?" i questioned. He shook his head in annoyance as we drove speedily up the hill.

"Woah! Henderson, where the hell are you taking us!?" i questioned. "Just keep going up!" Dustin exclaimed. The car began slowing down the higher we got. "We're not gonna make it!" Robin shouted. "Come on baby! Come on!" Steve shouted.

The car engine began straining until it fully stopped. "Guess the Toddfather has its limitations" i said as Steve sighed. We all hopped out of the car and began running up the rest of the way.

Once we finally reached the radio tower, we got in contact with Hopper, Joyce and Murray. "Bald Eagle do you copy, i repeat this is Scoops Troop do you copy?" Dustin said through the walkie-talkie.

"This is Bald Eagle, i copy" Murray answered in an irritated tone. "Good to hear you voice, Bald Eagle. What's you 20?" Dustin asked. "We reached the vent. I'll contact you when i need you. Until then, silence" he said.

"Copy that. This is Scoop Troops going radio silence. 10-10 over" he said. Steve gave Dustin a proud pat on the back as i gave him a thumbs up.

"This might actually work" i said. "Yeah well... We will have to wait and see" Robin replied. We all sat around as Erica and Dustin gave Murray the directions through the vents.

I stood up and began looking at the mall. It looked so peaceful and normal from up here. No one would ever suspect what's actually going on inside. Steve stood next to me as he looked around at the view.

"Hawkins is actually pretty nice from up here. I've never seen it from up here before" he said. "Yeah, i guess you right" i said. "Hey, by the way, i'm sorry for total momming you back there. I just didn't want you nervous in the car or anything because of... You know" he said.

I rolled my eyes and tried to hide my smirk. "It's fine. It was funny... But thanks for thinking about it. Not many people would." Steve smiled as he looked behind at the others. They were all too distracted to even take a glance at us.

"You know, i know it's the end of the world and all but, i really want to kiss you" he said. I took a shakey breath in and out. "Smooth Harrington. Real smooth" i said.

He tucked a piece of hair back behind my ear as he leaned in towards me. As he did, he suddenly froze as he looked behind me. "What?" i questioned. He pointed as i turned around.

My mouth slightly fell open as i saw the Mind Flayer climbing on the roof of the mall. "Hey... Hey guys!" i called out. They all ran over. Everyone was stood still in shock.

I pushed them all around as we ran back to the Radio tower. "Grizwald family, this is Scoops Troop! Do you copy? Over!" Dustin exclaimed. There was silence.