Obsidian Skies

Was missing the characters so here's a lil bonus content to see how our favs are after the trauma 😍

*****

"Bokuto, get out of there!" you cried into the mic, your eyes frantically chasing his heat signal on the screen.

Bokuto breathlessly yelled back in the comms as he ran, "How long till the place goes down?"

"Like ten seconds! Iwa is outside already," you answered. "He saved the hostage and you took care of the ransom money they were after—wait . . . you did get the briefcase, right?"

Bokuto let out a high-pitched laugh, "Do you think I'm dumb enough to leave that behind? That was the second highest priority on the mission. Say, Y/n—how long do you think it would take for me to maybe jog up to the third floor and back out again."

You let out an angry scream, "You forgot the briefcase?! That has thirty million yen in there!"

"Now, now, my love," Oikawa's pretty voice purred into your shared Bluetooth call. "No need to get so worked up yet. Leave all that feistiness for me later tonight."

You palmed your face as you heard Iwaizumi, Kuroo, Kenma, and Bokuto express their disgust for his tasteless remarks on the group call. You growled, "I knew I should've gone on the mission. Listening to an idiot like you always lands us in the worst situations."

"Hey!" the brunette whined.

"Did you even do your assignment?" you quizzed, switching over to the footage on the docks where he was.

"Of course, princess," he cooed, all relaxed and impish. "Kuroo, Kenma, and I intercepted the information like half an hour ago. Now we're drinking smoothies."

"They're pretty good," Kenma murmured into the mic.

You and Akaashi shared an annoyed look as you watched from the main screen in the central operations room in the new headquarters. A little disappointment was on each of your faces as you and Akaashi reached for your lukewarm water bottles to take a sip.

"Mhm, strawberry banana is really hitting the spot right now," Kuroo chimed in.

Oikawa childishly piped, "Y/n, it's that place we went to right after you cried about how awful you did on your bio midterm."

You gasped, "Ohhh, you're right! That place was so good. The berry bomb smoothie was—"

"Did you guys forget that we're on the clock right now?" Akaashi monotonously interrupted.

"Oh, right," you turned back to the computer. "Bokuto, where are you now?"

Bokuto casually responded, "Oh, the fire was blocking the exit, so I jumped out of the third story window."

"WHAT?!"

"It's fine," he assured. "May have torn my ACL and broken a rib or two but Iwaizumi and I are coming to that smoothie place! Where is it?"

"Dude, it's right by that park we stopped that mugging at in Shibuya," Kuroo gave him the strangest form of directions.

It seemed to bode well because Iwaizumi responded, "Order us drinks so they're ready when we get there."

You slipped your headset off, setting it down and sighing while also pressing your forehead on the desk.

"They're like babies," you groaned.

Akaashi hummed in agreement, "Hmm. But we wouldn't rather have it any other way."

You turned your head to face him while still having your temple pressed against the surface of the table, a weary smile on your face, "That's true."