Chapter forty two - Truth

You know the drill, T.w. Mentions of murder and death 

Live hesitated but sat down, she still had her hand on her wand. Just incase. Albus walked across the room to the girl and took a seat in front of her. "Live" Albus paused, what looked like to muster the courage to say her full name. As if it brought him to tears. 

"I had a feeling you would pull this kind of stunt, maybe not the murder of a students but who knows whats up your sleeve, I must expect the unexpected and well the unexpected came a while ago when I heard that a student had been killed" 

"which one?" she spoke with a bitter tone in her voice, not anger, annoyance. Why should she play this old man's games? And how long should she have to play them for?

"That is the question, how about Miss black, tell me about her, why was she your first?" Live stayed silent, "so your ok boasting about your human conquests but not about your reasons, you are more like your father than I hoped" 

"I don't give a damn about what you hoped, and you do not use my fathers name to disgrace me" she spoke gently, for the threats agents her father was normal and could be dealt with. If she lost her temper now, she could lose her life. 

"I will use your fathers name how I like, you kids can bitch about your exes but I can't, explain how that's fair" Silence again. "Pity I though we were getting somewhere, sherbet lemon?" Dumbledore motioned to a jar of yellow sweets on his counter. 

"No thank you" 

"well at least you haven't lost your manners, now can we get back to miss black?" there was a pause. "How about I tell you what I think. She was at the wrong place at the wrong time wasn't she, you were after Theo Wright not her. It was an unfortunate coincidence, you had no choice" 

"what made you believe that? you describe her death as unfortunate, but to whom was it unfortunate, everyone has thrived of off her death. I should be thanked." Live took a breath, her anger had shown. 

"See how you pinpointed my comment about her death being unfortunate rather than that you had no choice" 

"I wanted to kill her, just not like that. I wanted for it to be a spectacle not hidden" 

"stop" Live stopped speaking and looked into his eyes, his crazy crystal orb like eyes.

 "You can kill, I know of that, why would I be under so much caution if you couldn't kill, you haven't even been here 6 months and the school Is down one now two students. My point is that you had no choice. You were trained to believe there was never a choice, only freedom and capture. You were about to get caught, it didn't matter who was behind that door you would have killed them anyway. I know for a fact you didn't see Walburga till she lay there dead. You saw movement and hunted. I even know that a part of you jumped to see those Slytherin robes because you thought you'd killed your only friend. And how relived you were that is wasn't Alexa Hudson you'd just murdered. To the others your relief may have looked like enjoyment. But your happiness came from the fact she was still alive and not a motionless corpse."

 "I acted on instinct,"

"People act on instinct when there scared, are you telling me your were afraid of Walburga Black"

"I'm not afraid"

"You haven't been afraid"

"You haven't felt fear! Not like I have"

Dumbledore took in a deep breath and sighed. "I watched the man I love tear himself apart. You may of thought that me saving his life was the worst mistake I could have done, but during that fight the only thing I could think of was not to kill you father. I made the choice to spear his life. Because I had the choice. Because I didn't listen to the government, who wanted him dead. I didn't listen to my peers. I saved his life despite everyone telling me to kill him. And you say I haven't experienced real fear. You have no fear as you have no choice, no options for failure. You  either win for your father or lose for your father. You have been controlled your entire life and the fear you've felt is just that for disappointing your father. Here your free. That's why your scared, that's why your feeling all of there's emotions it's not because your are incapable before but because you are not free to make your own choices, make new friends, have a life that isn't filled with darkness or despair."