60. our thing

Chapter 60

Oriya Deronte

The past few days have been..eventful.

Vincent's mother, who insists I call her "Madre" has forbidden me from leaving and going back to my own estate. I kind of feel bad for staying here when I have no business or relationship with the Laurent's anymore.

Saying that makes my heart ache. But it's true. I'm no longer doing business with them, nor am I in a relationship with Vincent anymore.

Not after what he said to me. I don't care if it was out of anger or not.

Vincent has made it his life mission to get me to do anything and everything with him. I don't think he's adjusting well to him and I going from being together to just being friends. I'm having trouble with it too.

It's hard going to sleep without him next to me or holding me. It's been absolute hell without his random kisses and hugs. I miss his insults he would just randomly throw at me. I miss him. But it's for the best that we remain friends.

I think Vincent's trying to get me to spend as much time with him as possible before I head back home. I love that he is but I don't need him by my side 24/7. I can't lie and say I don't like that but I do need my time.

I'm currently sitting on the bathroom counter with the shower water running in the background. Was I planning on getting in the shower? No. Was it a waste of water? Maybe,  but I needed to do this.

The entire door rattles and Vincent's voice comes through, "Are you done yet? I want to take you somewhere." he slightly whines.

"10 more minutes!" I sing back as if I'm in the shower. He mutters a small okay under his breath and I hear his footsteps wander away. I sigh and lean back on the mirror, thinking of how much longer I can hide for.

Again, don't get me wrong I love that he wants to spend so much time with me but I really need my alone time. I decided to spend no more than 10 more minutes before 'getting out of the shower'.

But before I could hop off the counter to go turn the water off, the entire door rattled and a second later, it was on the floor. I gape at the one and only, Vincent. There he stood, looking quite grumpy and upset at the fact I wasn't in the shower.

"I'm going to take a shower." He mocks me with a scowl.

"Vincent! I could've actually been in the shower!" I scold him.

He simply shrugs like it's nothing, "I've seen every inch of your body, Oriya. Multiple times."

I blink. He still stands there staring back at me like he said nothing and so I blink at him again. Still nothing. I guess after looking at my reaction he finally took the hint. His eyes dropped down and he took a deep breath in.

"I'm sorry." Vincent muttered, "I shouldn't have said that."

I nod and hop off the counter, "That's what I thought."

As I go turn off the water, Vincent picks up the door from the floor and sets it aside. I decided not to address the situation and walked past him. Obviously, he followed me around until I finally stopped walking.

"Yes?" I look up at him. I noticed how that one strand was falling out now. I don't think it was before.

"You lied to me." He mumbles.

"What are you talking about?" I play dumb.

Before he said another word, I got up on my tippy toes and pushed that one strand back with the rest of his jet black and soft hair. His lip twitches upwards into his small smiles. Under his breath he mumbles something but I couldn't catch it.