52

Having Colby leave town stressed me out more than I was anticipating.

I knew that I was in the safest place possible but it made me uneasy since the last time he left I killed someone.

I couldn't get over that.

The fact that I killed someone after I promised myself I never would, no matter how dangerous things got in this new world I was in.

"Ugh, it's gonna get so boring down here. I want to go shopping." Tara groaned as she flopped onto her bed.

"We should have the guys bring us some puzzles." Kat said as Stas gasped. "Yes! That could be fun!" She said and clapped her hands.

"What are you doing over there?" Devyn asked as I colored in my coloring book.

"Oh, just coloring." I said and held up the book. "Awww, did Colby get that for you?" She asked as I nodded.

"I was getting so bored in the hotel room." I said and looked around at them.

"You don't have a phone?" Tara asked as I shook my head. "No." I said causing them to all look at me in shock.

"Are you like a prisoner or something?" Stas asked with a laugh.

Yes.

"No! I've just..never been into it." I said with a shrug. It was kinda true. I never had a nice phone like the other girls did.

We didn't have the money for those things and I didn't exactly have many friends so there was no point in having a phone.

Colby took the shitty phone I had when I got taken, but I didn't really miss it.

"We need to get you a new phone." Kat said as I shook my head. "I don't need one." I said with a small smile.

"What if you get kidnapped or something! How would you get out?" Devyn asked. I laughed at how ironic the question was then shrugged.

"I don't know, I guess I would just have to live with it." I said then pulled my legs to my chest.

"Speaking of scary things like kidnapping and stuff, we should convince the guys to throw a Halloween party." Tara said causing me to laugh.

"What a weird segue." I said and put my book away. "It would be so fun! What would we dress up as?" Kat asked and bounced excitedly.

"I wanna be Tiffany and I want Jake to be Chucky." Tara said as the girls laughed. "That's cute!" Devyn said as she smiled.

"I want to be a princess and Corey be my prince." She said dreamily.

"Sam and I should be Lydia and beetlejuice." Kat said with a smile. "Cute! I want to be a sexy nurse or something." Stas said with a smile.

"What about you, Jules?" She asked as I shrugged. "Haven't put much thought into it. I didn't even realize Halloween was soon." I said then pursed my lips.

"You and Colby should be an angel and devil!! Because you're nice and he's a fucking asshole." Tara said causing me to laugh.

"I don't know about that." I said and brushed my hair behind my ear.

"I just wanna know how you did it." Devyn said and looked at me with a serious expression. "Did what?" I asked with confusion.

"You made him so soft and caring. I've known him since he was eighteen. He's never once done what he does for you." She explained as I shrugged.

"How was he before?" I asked almost timidly. I didn't know if I wanted to really know how different he was.

"He would just bring girls around, fuck them once and then they'd be gone. He never kissed them in front of us, or bought them coloring books." Devyn said and pointed to my coloring book.

"He never publicly showed interest in the same person twice. That's why people are after you. You make him weaker." Tara explained.

"Oh." I said as Kat frowned. "Not in a bad way at all. Showing love makes you vulnerable in the business they are in. Since he's in charge it puts a bigger target on your back." Kat said quietly.

"He must really love you though, because it's not stopping him from doing the most to protect you." Tara said and patted my leg.

"Yeah. He's a complex person." I said with a shrug. "More than complex, he's a walking question mark." Devyn said with a laugh.

"I think it's sweet." Stas said and put her hands on her cheeks. "It's sweet, but weird." Kat said as I nodded.

"You have no idea." I said as the door opened, revealing Nate.

"Hey, ladies." He said with a warm smile. "Hi, Nate!" Kat said and waved happily. "Just checking in, are you guys doing okay?" He asked as we all nodded.

"Do you think we can throw a Halloween party this year?" Tara asked as he sat on the edge of my bed.

"I know Colby wanted to throw a party when he got back so it's possible." He said with a nod.

"We need to start planning! It's gotta be big!" Devyn said as I chewed my lip nervously.

The idea of having a big party after what's been going on but I could see where Colby was coming from.

In this business fear made you weak. It made you look vulnerable and like you were letting the other person win.

However I didn't like being the target.

I didn't like that things could go so wrong so fast. One wrong move and I'm dead.

One wrong move and Colby is dead.

One wrong move and I kill someone again.

I trusted Colby though. Now that we had this weird situation happening there was no way I would be put in any sort of danger.

He would keep me by his side no matter what and would make sure nobody fucked with me.

Things were different now.

"Julia." Kat said and clapped in my face. "Huh?" I asked and looked at her.

"You were zoning out. Everything okay?" She asked as I nodded.

"Yeah, just still uneasy about all of this. Ya know...the whole target on my back thing." I said with a sigh.

"Totally understandable. The guys will keep you safe though. Plus, it's a good thing to let loose a little bit." She said with a smile.

"You're right." I said with a sigh. "We should make themed snacks and drinks." I said and smiled at the girls.

"Yes!! Oh this is gonna be so fun! Since we're trapped in this fucking bunker, at least we can actually plan something." Devyn said with excitement.

I thought it was so sweet how excited these girls got for parties and going out. It was endearing considering the world that surrounded them.

No matter what these guys threw at them they did it with ease and even tried to make it fun.

We spent the next couple hours trying to plan things for a party that didn't even really exist yet.

Since the girls had phones down here they started ordering costume pieces from Amazon.

I didn't know if Colby was going to want to dress up, but the girls insisted that I dressed as an angel for Halloween.

I let them just take control because it was easier than fighting or resisting.

It was actually kinda fun planning this party and it made me feel like I actually had some friends.

I knew it was such a backwards way to make friends, but I couldn't help but be happy about it.

By no means was I happy to have been kidnapped by a gang but making friends and falling in love was something I never had before.

Who would have known that I would have found myself my own little family from something so dark.