53

Colby's POV

"Why the fuck did you do that?" Sam asked as I drove us back to the hotel. "It doesn't matter. It's done and nothing happened." I said with a bland expression.

"But it could have. What would have happened if you got caught? The cops would have come and we would have been fucked." He said with annoyance.

"But that didn't happen, so fuck off and get over it." I said then pulled into the parking lot.

"You need to focus more. You're talking about being on our best behavior then you're out here risking it all because you're in love." Sam accused.

"That's not fucking why, Sam." I said and rolled my eyes. "Then why did you fucking do it?" He asked as I shook my head.

"I can't talk about why. It's not my place, but Julia needs this." I said with a sigh. "So you risked it all because you're in love." He said as I nodded.

"Sure." I said as he sighed. "Just...don't make it a habit. You can't protect her if you're dead." He said as we got out of the car.

"Yeah, yeah." I said then turned towards Jake and Corey.

"Be ready and in the lobby at 4 tomorrow. Make sure you have your weapons and that you get plenty of sleep. Tomorrow is big." I said and raised my brows at them.

"You got it, man." Jake said as Corey nodded. "Great. Get some rest." I said then went to the trunk so I could take out all the stuff that I had in there.

"What did you grab anyways?" Sam asked as I shrugged and walked towards the hotel.

"Some of her siblings stuff." I said as he sighed. "Don't you think she might get mad that you stole from them?" Sam asked as I pursed my lips.

"Didn't think of that." I said simply and walked towards my room. "Are you gonna be ready for tomorrow? I'm getting worried." Sam said as I shook my head.

"I'm ready, Sam. You're overreacting about this." I said then stopped in front of my room.

"I don't like you hiding things from me. I get it you're in charge but you're still my best friend." He said as I sighed.

"I had to tell Jules that her mom is lying to her siblings. She's crushed that they think she ran away so I thought while I was here, I could bring her something to remind her of her siblings." I explained and looked at the stuff in my arms

"That's tough." Sam said as I nodded. "It is. Anyways, get some rest." I said then grabbed my keycard so I could get in my room.

"Goodnight, brother." Sam said then went into his own room.

I sighed then walked into the room, opening my bag so I could put the stuff for Julia in it.

When I pulled the drawings out of my pocket I looked through them. Most of them were drawn by her siblings, but there was one that stood out to me.

It was an amazing drawing of a girl surrounded by flowers, headphones in her ears. Her eyes were closed and music notes were surrounding her.

I'm the corner of the page there was a signature.

Julia, written in perfect cursive.

"An artist." I whispered to myself, tracing my fingers on the picture. I didn't think she could get any more attractive but here we were.

I sighed then folded the drawing up and put it with the other things in my suitcase.

I needed to get a grip and relax because tomorrow was such a huge day.