Part 71. My Anchor in the Storm

Hey guys,

Here's another chapter for you guys. I have no proof read this chapter so please ignore errors. I will look at it again and fix errors later.

This was also a very difficult chapter to write but I hope I did justice to both Manik and Nandini's feelings.

Let me know your thoughts on this chapter!

Thanks,
SV

PS: Had to listen to a lot of Arijit Singh songs to get this chapter right! 😂

———————————————————————

All of them soon realised they needed to follow Manik to ensure he doesn't do something drastic. He clearly was not thinking straight and was also terribly sick at the same time. His mental state of mind only adding to his illness he was facing. They rushed to the parking lot behind Manik and settled in Alya and Mukti's cars and zoomed out of SPACE. But unfortunately, they had lost Manik.

Cabir - I don't know kahaan gaya hoga? Where should we find him?

Nandini - Woh ghar pe hi hoga Cabir. He would've locked himself in his room.

Nandini knew that because Whenever he was low, he would straight come to her. But whenever she would not be around of he was fighting with her, he would lock himself up in his room. And right now, she knew he was too ashamed to come to her and that's why she knew

Cabir - Don't worry Nandini. Tumhe pata hai he's not thinking straight. Uski baat ko dil pe mat lo. He will come around.

Mukti - Haan. Tumhe toh pata hi hai ki Manik gusse mein kuch bhi bol deta hai.

Nandini didn't know what to say to Cabir or Mukti. Usually, Manik and her fights were always personal. And she never needed a third person to tell her Manik's feelings or even console her. But she knew it would be rude to tell them off because she knows they were only trying to help. Hence, she just smiled a little and hoped that Manik would be okay.

Once they reached Manik's house, they saw Manik's car parked outside and sighed in relief that he had reached home safely. They all rushed to Manik's room and found it locked, as expected. Nandini, in the meanwhile, went to the butlers to get them to make a glass of haldiwala milk and also his medicines. She knew he wouldn't eat anything and her only hope was that if he had some milk and his medicines, he would be okay until he calmed down in the morning.

Once she told the butlers and they got to work, she went into the washroom and locked herself in. She needed to come to terms with what had happened. She was angry, hurt, scared and worried, all at the same time and had no idea what she should do. She broke down once she was alone and cried her eyes out. She just didn't know how to deal with this situation. She was angry because of what Manik said but she was hurting for him even more. She wanted to be there for him but he had locked himself up and wouldn't let her come close to him. But what scared her the most was the fact that she didn't know if their relationship would ever go back to what it was. Would they even be able to get past this? Would he be able to let go of the guilt of what he said? Would she be able to forgive him? She didn't know. And that thought caused another bout of tears to escape from her eyes.

After a few minutes, she realised that this was not the time to breakdown. She needed to gather herself. Manik needed her right now even though he didn't know it yet. Irrespective of whatever happened in the future, she knew that she had to help him get past this phase. It was a horrible day for Manik. And she needed to be strong and be there for him and be his anchor. She wiped all her tears and washed her face stepping out with her brave face while all her insides were crumbling down into pieces.

Reality Ever Afterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें