Ch 571: Diagnose

Seeing Ying Li in front of him was not something he expected to happen when coming to this convention. Although Lin Ye did have a thought that he would meet her soon, he did not expect it to be this soon.

He was not complaining, though.

Fate truly was a cruel mistress. Although both siblings were staring at each other, they were wearing a mask on their faces to protect each other. Lin Ye hummed at this sick joke. He needed to be patient. For the safety of both of them, Lin Ye needed to hide his identity from her.

He hummed as he arranged his words for Ying Li, "As you can see, we are Rhodes Island. We rarely do this, but we have decided to try out something new," He said as he smiled under his helmet, "Mental health is something the people in this world care little of. A shame really, since it is something very important. More people need to take that into consideration."

Ying Li nodded at what she was hearing. Gege once said that he rather had a weak body than a weak mind. No matter how strong a gun was, it would become irrelevant if the person pulling the trigger was clueless. She was also interested in the topic. In her opinion, Gege had the strongest mind that she had ever seen. No matter who he encounters, even the emperor, Gege would never be afraid.

She stared back at the person in front of her, "Can you tell me more of what you do?"

"What I do, huh?" Lin Ye said as he tapped on the table, "Well, first I would diagnose what my patient is facing. From there, I would suggest some ways to help them."

"Diagnose?" Ying Li looked intrigued by this, "How can you do that?"

"Hmm... Maybe I can demonstrate," He faced her, "For example you, you smoke, no? There must be something that you are facing to make you do that. Something stressful for you to rely on cigarettes as a crutch to lessen the pain.

Ying Li's eyes widened at what he just said, "How did you know?"

"It was easy," His muffled chuckle came out, "It was quite obvious, at least to me."

He just needed to leave out the fact that he saw her smoking one night. That was for him to know, not her.

Lin Ye noticed she became more excited and intrigued now. He held back a laugh that he almost let out when he saw this.

"I can do more," He suggested, "However, few people like being diagnosed by a person who they meet at a convention."

"I can understand that," She nodded, "But you seem like someone trustworthy. So how can I assist your diagnosis?"

"Well, give me your hand," Lin Ye offered as he pulled off his black glove, "It really helps me if you do that."

Lin Ye wasn't really expecting her to follow through with his request. She was the princess of Yan, why should she let a random stranger hold her hand?

However, following the trend of today that keeps on surprising him, Ying Li placed her hand on his.

For Ying Li, she did not know why she gave her hand so easily just now. It was just that this person felt safe to be with. Her body just keeps on telling her that.

Lin Ye glanced at her hand. Then he did something, he poked it. Ying Li's body froze at the sudden pain she felt when he did that.

"Not enough sleep," Lin Ye let go of her hand as he explained, "Lack of sleep can also cause inflammation in the body, which will often result in muscle aches and pains and can exacerbate inflammatory conditions such as arthritis."

"Really?" Ying Li recovered from the sudden pain and listened to all of this, "What can I do to help that?"

"Try to lessen your smoking. Get enough sleep. What is defined as enough sleep depends on the person. Most individuals require 7 to 9 hours of sleep every night, while others may require as little as 6 hours or as much as 10 hours. You have to find that for yourself. Drink more water, it will help with your tiredness," He listed down some options to her, "That is the best I can offer based on what I have seen."