Queen cobra orgins

•Kat•

I sat perched on the highest tree branch, I'm surprised that it hadn't collapsed under my weight. I was looking down at my house. My mom and dad sat across from my little brother and sister, they were twins, both 14. A sad look on there faces, they didn't say a word to each other, just the passing of mashed potatoes.

I climbed down from the tree and made my way across the street, once I reached my house I climbed the drain pipe that went up the side of my house and passed right by my bedroom window. I reached out and grabbed the window and slowly pushed it open before flinging myself inside.

I looked around, it didn't even seem real. Everything was placed perfectly as if it was a movie set. I walked over to my closet and opened the door. I looked out at all of the clothes, they seemed like strangers clothes to me. I grabbed my forest green bag and threw it onto my bed. I went through all my cloths, none of them appealed to me. I packed the essentials, bras, underwear, and socks. I went up into the attic and grabbed the box that read ' Grandpa world war 2'

I brought it back to my room, and unpacked it. There were black army pants and a black long sleeve shirt that was a little large for me but I tucked it in. His dog tags laid at the bottom of the box, I put them around my neck letting the icy cold of the metal seep into my neck. I crawled toward a safe that lay behind some old dusty boxes. I put in the combo and it unlocked it. Inside it contained tons of guns and ammo, I grabbed two pistols, a 9mm, and a .44 magnum. I reached for all the ammo I could hold and I placed the ammo in the various pockets of my pants and I tucked the two pistols behind my back and the .44 magnum at my hip, the 9mm at the other.

I walked over to the jar of cash I kept under my bed and pulled it out 'Rainy day fund' was written across the front in sharpie. I counted it and the total came out to two thousand dollars. I took a moment to thank past me for being so paranoid, I shoved the bundle of money in my pants pocket and then pulled on my grandpas old combat boots with the steel toes, they were a little big but they would do for a while. I grabbed a black hoodie and pulled it on.

"Who's there?" I heard my dad call from the bottom of the steps

"Kat is that you honey?"

I started to panic. I zipped up the bag and jumped out my bedroom window. I landed safely on the ground and ran towards the nearest car quickly hijacking it and driving off, leaving my old life behind me.