Fifty Four

"Be careful who you trust, the devil was once an angel."
~ Unknown

Track 55; Trainwreck by Kailee Morgue

This was a double-update, so make sure you read chapter 53 before this one!

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

Your flight to the Meta Liberation Army took about as long as you had expected it to: three hours and seven minutes. You were thankful for the amount of flying Aizawa made you do during your training to regain your Hero License again, otherwise you don't think you would have been able to fly such an amount. You wondered how Hawks did it, and by the time your feet touched the barren ground did you finally understand why he stayed away for awhile. Your heart was speeding up when you slowly approached the large, obelisk type opening signaling that you were in the right place.

The two men on either side of the gate were quick to stop you, using their quirks to display their strength. You put your hands up and held them just underneath your chin.

"H-hey, I'm not looking for a fight here!" You reached to the hip bag resting by your side, pulling out the small booklet Hawks had brought home all those months ago. "See? I have this."

One of them approached you and snatched the book from your grip. He flipped through the pages and scanned it over. You could hear your heart in your ears when he read over a certain page, his hand tightening around the edges of it. You almost jump out of your skin when he quickly flips it back to you. You take it from him and stuff it back into the pocket of your bag, feeling your wings tremble slightly in relief. His friend stays by the gate, and he leads you inside.

You know before you even get past the main doors that the second he spots you, it's all over. You have to keep your cool though, and act like you don't know him. Otherwise your entire cover will be blown. You knit your fingers together behind your back, letting your eyes go wide in order to play up your amazement once your escort opens the doors. You aren't sure if you'll see him again, but you make note of the way his quirk works before you notice vermillion flash in your peripheral.

You can feel his eyes on you before you've made it fifty steps into the building. You weren't sure if he had found you by pure luck or if he'd located you through Quill. You turn to talk to the one who had led you inside, but don't make it far when he zips into your line of sight. He physically uses his body as a barrier between you and the grunt. You're unable to take your eyes off of his handsome face when he turns and manages to shake the grunt off of your tail. It wasn't until the unnamed pawn vanished back outside did he finally greet you, though it wasn't the one that you had expected.

His eyes scan the empty hallway you're in, before grabbing your hands and quickly dragging you into a different room. He doesn't speak until the door is closed, and you're pressed up against a wall. It only takes you a second to realize that you're cramped against him in a closet too small for the two of you to be in comfortably. You can't say that you don't like the way you're flattened against his chest. For a second his eyes flashed in the dark, and he looked like he wanted to devour you before he spoke.

"What are you doing here?"

His voice is low and causes shivers to crawl up your spine when his hands rest on your hips. You understand he's being quiet so the two of you aren't eavesdropped on, so you maintain the same level of volume he has.

"I—"

He interrupts you before you have a chance to explain yourself. "You shouldn't be here. You know who is here, right? Do you realize that you've just waltzed into his hands?"