Chapter Eleven

The boys were getting restless downstairs. Rosalie, Alice and Maya had been upstairs for over 3 hours, having what Alice described as 'Girl Talk'. Emmett had no idea what that really meant but every time he had attempted to intrude, Maya would swiftly throw him out of the room with her powers.

Jasper seemed to be finding it incredibly amusing and made the dreadful mistake of teasing Emmett for over 20 minutes.

...That is what got them to their current situation

... Emmett and Jasper wresting outside with Edward as referee. 

It was an entertaining fight to say the least. With Emmett's increased strength and Jasper's previous training, it had become a long and drawn out match with both men unable to pin the other down for longer than 20 seconds.

This is exactly how the girls found them, sweaty and exhausted out in the Cullen's garden with Edward barely containing his laughter from afar.

"What the hell is happening?" Maya asked, desperately attempting to contain a giggle. 

Both boys, unaware of their mates entrance, stood incredibly quickly with their hands behind their backs, a look of worry passing over both of their faces.

"Nothing!" 

"Nothing!"

"Honestly," Rosalie sighed, completely used to the boys antics at this point, "the two of you are so childish!"

Emmett looked at his mate sheepishly, quickly using his vampire speed to go over to her, the two of them starting their own little conversation away from the family.

As Maya admired their relationship from afar, she was quickly brought back to the present when Alice was sucked into a vision. Jasper was quick to hold her arm to keep her standing and Maya did her absolute best to contain her worry, knowing that it would only increase the fear Jasper was no doubt feeling already. However, they need not have cared. When Alice was pulled out of her vision, a large smile burst out onto her face.

"I think I am going to go hunt! Rosalie, Emmett, Edward? Care to join?" Alice smirked.

"I only hunted this morn-" Edward started protesting, but soon fell silent as he read Alice's mind, a similar smirk making its way onto his face.

Alice quickly turned to Jasper and pecked his cheek, the family quickly zooming off into the forest to feed. Maya stood there incredibly still, having a good incline as to why the rest of the family decided to give them some alone time .

While Jasper quickly made his way over to her., she attempted to contain her nervousness, knowing it would only make her extremely easy to read to the empath.

His hands met her waist to pull her in for a hug.

"Ya know, you really are shit at controlling your emotions." Jasper smirked, his hands running up and down her sides.

Maya shivered involuntarily, hiding her face in Jasper's shoulder as he chuckled deeply at her. 

"Something funny, Hale?" 

"Don't start, Darlin. I can feel all your emotions." He smirked, lifting her chin to look into her eyes, "Excitement, adoration... lust."

His eyes became darker looking at her blushing cheeks, one of his hands coming to meet her hip while another touched her cheek gently.

Maya's heart was beating heavily as her eyes glanced down from his eyes to his lips and back up again.

That was all the encouragement he needed to connect their lips in a soft, yet passionate kiss, attempting to portray the love he held for her in that one action.