Chapter 49

Angelina

"I promise I will be.", I said looking at Anna and she bit her lip looking away.

I can understand her hesitance to let me go out in this situation. If I had been in her place I would never have accepted to let her go out alone either. 

But this is important. We need to get help soon, otherwise it won't end well.

I climbed up the small ladder and when on the last step, I looked back at her and could clearly see the fear and concern in her eyes.

"Don't make any sound, Anna. Please be safe.", I said and she nodded.

I looked above and took a deep breath.

I just want her to be safe till I come back.

I just want to stay beside her so that I'll know she is safe but I also know we can't be safe here for long.

I bit my lip and climbed out quickly. I closed the lid of the bunker with a lot of difficulty and then pushed some sand and mud onto the lid. I then moved the dead tree matter and a few broken branches and the bent branches of the nearby tree on top of the lid.

My palms are scraped but that's the least of my concerns right now.

I stood up and I'm convinced that this place won't be found easily now. It just looks like a bunch of waste cooped up together.

Now, it is time to the the garage on the other side of the forest.

I looked in the direction I have to run right now and fear started erupting in my chest but I quickly pushed that aside.

No. I have to go.

I took a deep breath and ducked down and started moving forward with my head down.

I should go and start running from the spot a little further from where Anna and I came.

If they see me running from this direction, there is a possibility that they will think Ana would be somewhere here and I don't want that.

I need as much time as possible to get help before they find Anna.

I reached the spot which is a lot further from where Anna and I came from. I still laid low and started moving forward.

"Where the f**k are they?", I heard a voice barking out annoyed.

I gulped and continued to move further. Involuntarily, my breathing started getting a little fast.

"Boss wants them both. We will be rewarded if we get this done.", I heard another voice saying, sounding a little excited at the end.

"Think about what he will do if we won't get this job done.", some one else said blankly.

I kept moving forward as fast as possible without making a sound. 

I am making some sounds but their own voices and sound of their footsteps is overpowering the small sounds coming out while I'm pushing through the bushes.

"I don't think they would have gone very far. Spread out and search.", a bold voice said.

That's when my breath hitched.

No way.

They shouldn't spread out. 

If they, by any chance, find Anna?

No, I can't let that happen.

What should I do?

Think Angelina!

My breathing is getting faster and I'm starting to get tensed. 

That's when I decided to let them know I'm here. That's the only way to stop them from spreading out.