Chapter 34

I feel like I've lost all my strength in the next few minutes that passed. I wasn't able to do but sit on one of the chair in the kitchen and stay stunned. I brought my hands above my tummy and slowly caress it.

I'm pregnant... Though it's not yet proven yet but there's a big possibility that I really am pregnant. Mama went out and bought pregnancy test on the pharmacy for us to be sure about her assumptions. If the result would come out positive, I honestly don't know what to feel.

If I were to be asked, I would be ecstatic in case I was pregnant. But how about Chase? Would he be happy, too? Didn't he mention before that he wanted me to get pregnant despite his situation.

But that's not what's bothering me. If I am pregnant, who is the father? I know they all stay on the same body but I still can't help but think that they are different person.

Could it be Chase? Allistair? Theo?

I immediately stood up even though I can feel my knees weakening. I went to my room and found Reil playing with his toy cars that Chase bought for him last night. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Hello, Aunt Tanya!" he greeted cheerfully.

I tried to smile despite the confusion in my mind.

"Hello Reil, how are you? Are you okay playing here alone?"

I entered the room and went straight to the dresser. I pulled out the third rack and picked up a notebook there.

"You look pale, Aunt Tanya. Are you okay?"

"I-I'm fine. Just don't mind me okay." I answered without looking at him.

It's then I felt his tiny hand on my forehead. Reil is standing beside me while looking at me intently.

"You're sweating a lot, Aunt Tanya. Do you want me to get you some water?"

Tears build up from the corner of my eyes. I don't know why I get emotional even though I have no reason to feel this way. If I am really pregnant, then maybe it has something to do with this?

Or maybe... tears of joy.

"Tanya, I've already bought some pregnancy tests for you to try. Come on and let's try it now."

Reil and I looked at the door at the same time when we heard Mama's voice. My heart throbbed against my rib cage when my eyes went down to her hand. She's holding a small brown paper bag and I already knew what was inside of it.

I stopped looking on my notebook and just closed the drawer. I turned to Reil and forced a smile.

"I'm fine, okay. Don't mind me. Continue playing here. Mama Mercy and I just have something important to do."

He nodded innocently, eyes still questioning. I kissed him on the cheek before I stood up and ambled towards my mother.

The way she stared at me was too deep. I don't see any anger in her or anything. I don't think she's even surprised anymore because Chase and I are always together.

"Would you like to accompany you inside the bathroom?" Mama said we were already standing in front of her bathroom inside the room.

I smiled sparingly. "No need, Mama. There's instructions outside on how to use it. I'm fine."

She nodded, seemingly compelled. I just gave her a wry smile before I went inside the bathroom. When the door closed, I took another deep breath and looked at myself in the reflection of the mirror.

Reil was right when he said I was pale. My heart was pounding and beads of sweat are showing on my forehead. I shouldn't be nervous because I know Chase is going to take responsibility for me.

But I feel, something else is bothering my mind and is making me nervous.

I heaved a deep sigh and lowered my head. I read the instruction on the back of the pregnancy kit and immediately followed it. I took three drops from my urine and dropped it on the kit. I sat on the cover of the toilet seat while waiting for the pregnancy kit to move.

I was biting my nails, the fingers on my toes keeps on curling as my heart thumping wildly. After a couple of minutes, I can see the gradual change on the pregnancy kit. And there I saw the result. There were two lines.

"P-Positive..." My voice trembled.

I cupped the kit in the palm of my hand and bowed down. I closed my eyes tightly before placing my fists on my forehead. I bit my lower lip, my eyes getting watery for some reason. And without any warning, tears streamed down my cheeks.

Little sobs echoed across the four corners of the bathroom. Despite the situation Chase is currently experiencing right now, having a child with him still crossed my mind. I love him and nothing could be happier than the fact that I was carrying his child.

I wiped the tears from my eyes and stood up. I turned the door knob, ready to tell Mama the result even though I thought it was unnecessary especially in my reaction. She would already assume that I'm pregnant.

But I was taken aback and my heart suddenly galloped from my chest when I saw Chase in front of me, looking at me seriously with his usual stoic expression and brows furrowed.

"C-Chase!" I exclaimed.

Mama is gone and he is the only one here. Why is he here anyway? Isn't he supposed to be in his office? Is the meeting already done?

"Theo?" I called again, doubting that he might be the one in front of me now especially since it's still early for Chase to come home.

He did not answer. He looked down at my hands. I was about to hide the pregnancy test on my back when he quickly took my hand. He took the kit from there and stared at it. I averted my gaze, my breathing still hitched.

From the corner of my eyes I saw him look up at me. I glanced at him and found out he's looking darker at me, thick brows were in a furrow.

"You're gonna hide this from me?" he asked in a low growl.

I blinked my eyes repeatedly. "Chase or Theo?"

He sighed. "Baby, this is Chase."

After he said that, I immediately hugged him. He wrapped his arms around my back and caressed my back. I even felt him kiss my hair while hearing his heavy breathing.

"You're pregnant?" he whispered on my ear.

I nodded and if possible hugged him tighter.

"Yes. You're going to be a father."

He could not answer immediately. Surely the fact that he was going to be a father hadn't sunk much into his brain yet.

"How sure are you that it's Chase's child and not mine?"

I froze for a moment in my stance. I slowly broke free from his embrace and met his gaze. Darkness was all over his eyes as he gazed at me.

"Theo..."

He smirked. "Did Theo give you a good orgasm that you already forgot me? It's been only a while since the last time I fucked you."

I was completely taken aback from what I heard. If there's one thing I can't reconcile in Chase's persona, it's none other than Allistair. And I feel like we will never get along.

He's nothing but a disrespectful man. He only wants sex. We even never had the chance to have a good conversation ever since I met him.

"Allistair, please don't forget that you are all sharing just one body. Not because something happened to us, you will already think that you are the father."

Because the truth is, you can all be the father of the child I am carrying.

He did not answer. He stared at me intently, as if he had a lot of things to say. His eyes turned into slits as the edge of his lips turned up.

He passed by me, even bumping my shoulder. I sighed and let him go. I didn't even bother to look at him.

"I'm already expecting that you'd be pregnant in no time. I never use condom, babe." He chuckled.

And here comes the basher.

"Theo, if you say you're the father, I'll agree. You three are actually, including Chase and Allistair. Okay?"

I faced him. He's leaning his back against the wall while arms folded across his chest. There was a silly grin on his lips as he stared at me intently.

"Come here." he asked me.

I rolled my eyes at him when I sensed amusement on his voice. Unlike Allistair, Theo seems to be happy about the news that I'm pregnant.

I walked towards him. Even before I could get close enough, he gently pulled my hand and pinned me against the wall he had been leaning on before. He's pinning me against the wall, our face our just inches away from each other that I could smell his fresh breath.

"I'm going to be a daddy now, huh?"

"All three of you are—"

"But I'm still the main father, Allison. I'm sure that baby was made when I was the front."

You're not sure about that, Theo.

I sighed, opting not to argue anymore because it would be useless.

Theo moved closer and gave my lips a gentle peck. He kissed my lips several times until it deepened. His kisses went to my cheek, crawling to my jaw.

He stopped. Take a deep breath and squeeze his face to the side of my neck. His warm breath was making the hair on my nape rise.

"Those fuckers really love to ruin the moment." I heard him say.

I chuckled. "It seems like Theo is more excited than you Chase."

He groaned and raised his head. He had this sexy scowl on his face that made me admire him even more.

"Let me guess, he's already assuming that he's the father?"

I nodded at him. "You know how he is. He doesn't want you to be ahead of him."

He sighed as if he's already expecting that. He pulled me before hugging me. He kissed me on the forehead, on the bridge of my nose and even on the lips. He hugged me tightly again then took a deep breath.

"I know an OB. We'll have you checked right now."

I nodded. It didn't take long and we were already in a private clinic. I was worried that Allistair and Theo might suddenly front themselves to switch with Chase but then I doubt Allistair, though, he doesn't really like me. Then it hit me, I feel like it would be Theo as he is really stubborn and always love to steal the limelight from Chase, always.

The Obstetrician asked me to do a transvaginal ultrasound to know how many weeks I am already. We found out I was twelve weeks pregnant. It's still not obvious because of the small size of my tummy. Surprisingly it's just now that I felt the symptoms that I was pregnant.

Chase was teary eyed as the Sonologist showed us our baby who still already looks like a small human. According to her, there is no problem and my pregnancy is in good condition and I felt relieved as there is nothing better than hearing that news.

"Just be careful, Miss Valmonte. First trimester is the golden stage. The baby is just twelve weeks. Meaning, you have to be extra careful as the fetus is already formed. Even just a little stress can cause you miscarriage. Just always drink your vitamins mostly the Folic acid."

I nodded at what the OB told me. Chase was very attentive as he listened to what the doctor had to say.

"Mr. Saavedra, please keep her out of stress. This stage is still delicate so you have to take good care of her."

Chase nodded his head and looked at me. He grinned before leaning closer to me.

"Hear that, babe? I have to take care of you for our baby."

I couldn't help but roll my eyes! Chase never called me "babe"!

"Theo!" I called in a controlled voice.

He smirked at me. "Don't worry. I'll behave. Just want to hear what this doctor gonna say about our baby."

He seems so proud in claiming to be the baby's father. Well, technically, this baby is his. They are all the father, including Allistair and if ever I point that out again to him, I feel like it's going to useless because he feels he's the sole father of the baby.

The check-up lasted for almost thirty minutes. I'll be back again after two months. So when I made sure that Theo would not come out anymore, I immediately took him to my room and made him sit on the bed.

"What's with the rush?" Chase asked the moment I knelt down to the floor and opened the mini drawer I have in my room.
I didn't answer and picked up a notebook there. I opened it and when I saw what I was looking for, I immediately scanned it.

A smile automatically blossomed in my lips when I found out that it's Chase who I had made love for the last couple of times we did it. I knew that was not necessary because whatever the outcome, Chase was still the father when of the baby, even if Allistair or Theo were in front of me.

Over the past few months, whenever something happens to us I make a list of who I was with that day and what we were doing. I don't know why I did that. Maybe that's because of this.

I was happy to know that Chase himself was with me on the days we were intimate. I feel, the joy in my heart doubled.

I turned to Chase who has a creased forehead as he looked at the notebook I was holding. I hid it in the drawer and attacked him with a hug. He immediately caught me by the waist.

"Careful, Allison..."

I smiled. I wanted to tell him about that small thing I found out but I'm afraid it might trigger for Theo to come out and oppose me.

"I love you Chase." I whispered.

He chuckled and caressed my lower back. "I love you back, baby. More than you could ever imagine."