Chapter 14 -

Lucy POV - 

Now that school was over, I had to prepare for tonight mentally. Jasper had decided to not come to the bonfire tonight. He wanted it to be me and my dad, then later tonight, me and Jasper would discuss when we'd tell my dad about vampires. We didn't want to overwhelm him with information all at once. 

When I got home I made my way upstairs. Dad wasn't home yet but he was getting off work early enough to change himself. As I walked past Bella's room, I could hear her muttering. Before I could sneak past, Bella clocked me and stormed over to me. 

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?" she screamed shoving me.

"Calm down," I say steading myself. 

"CALM DOWN! CALM DOWN! YOU DID SOMETHING TO TURN EDWARD AGAINST ME!" 

"No, I didn't. Edward found a new girlfriend. Get over it," I said back having enough of her obsessive behaviour. 

This caused Bella to screech like a banshee and lunge toward me. Before she can reach me, dad appears out of nowhere and drags Bella away from me. 

"Bella calm down. I am sorry that you and Edward are no longer together but Edward has moved on. This isn't healthy," dad says trying to calm the situation. 

"NO, SHE IS EVIL. THIS THING IS TAKING EVERYTHING AWAY FROM ME!" Bella screeches still trying to lunge at me. When I look at my dad I can see how done he is with Bella's attitude. 

"NO BELLA! I HAVE HAD ENOUGH, EITHER CALM DOWN OR I WILL SEND YOU AWAY. TO YOUR MOTHER OR AN INSTITUTION!" Dad bellows out. 

You see, dad is someone who rarely shouts especially at his kids. I can count on one hand the number of times I've heard him shout in anger. Sure he has shouted in excitement or shock but not really anger. So this is definitely a shock. Bella instantly shuts up and my mouth drops. After a few moments when dad realises she isn't going to attack me, he lets her go and Bella instantly goes to her room, and for dramatic effect, she slams her door. 

Dad sighs and I can see his tiredness, I know I cannot do much to help him but I know I can hug him. So that is what I do. Dad wraps his arms around me and he just holds me for a little bit. 

"What time do we need to leave?" Dad asks. 

"We have to be there around 6 pm," 

"Okay, go and do your homework and get changed," dad says finally letting me go, not before he kisses my forehead. 

After a few hours of doing homework and assignments, I start to get ready and decide on a much more comfy outfit. 

Just as I am throwing some sneakers on, dad knocks on my door telling me that we are leaving in a minute

Just as I am throwing some sneakers on, dad knocks on my door telling me that we are leaving in a minute. I grab what I need and make my way to my car where dad is waiting for me. 

AT BONFIRE - 

We had been here for a little bit and had spent our time socialising and eating. 

"Time for the stories," Billy announces. This causes everyone to make their way to sit around the fire.  Once everyone is settled and comfortable, Billy begins. 

"The Quileutes have always been a small tribe, but we have always had magic in our blood," "We were great spirit warriors, we call themselves shapeshifters. Able to transform into powerful wolves. This allowed us to scare off enemies and protect our people." Billy says.

He goes on to talk about cold ones and how a human managed to help the tribe when they were in danger. I kept an eye on dad, to gauge his reactions. His face was pretty much neutral but his eyes showed me how amazed he was by the stories. When Billy was finished he looked at my dad waiting if he wanted to say something. 

"Wow, now I get the hype about the stories, but I am still confused about why I am suddenly allowed to hear them," dad says with a confused look. 

"Charlie, you have been one of my closest friends, there has been a secret I have been hiding from you. Those stories are true, everything is." Billy tells him. My dad is just frozen and speechless. Eventually, dad looks at me and gives me a look that asks if Billy is serious. I nod but stay quiet. 

"Okay, this is going to take me a while to process. I guess it makes sense." Dad then goes quiet, and we allow him to take this in. Things go back to people eating and talking. I see dad sitting down with a beer in his hands. I go over and sit next to him. 

"You okay?" I ask him.

"I don't know. It is strange knowing that this exists. I'm guessing you already knew?" He asks me. 

"Yeah, I've known for a while." I begin to say, "there is one more you need to be informed about but I want to wait so it gives you time to absorb tonight." 

Dad nods and pulls me into him. We spent the rest of the night having a fun time and by the time we made our way home we were exhausted and instantly went to our rooms. 

When I make my way into my room, ready to pass out, I see Jasper sitting on my bed. He doesn't say anything, he just allows me to get ready for bed. When I am done I put myself on Jasper's lap and cuddle with him. Jasper still doesn't say anything, he just tightens his grip on me and settles down. Nothing needs to be said between us. 

I go to sleep with thoughts of the future...