forty three

AN:
hi guys
realised last night that you guys don't know what the twins look like so the photo above is from pinterest and it's what i imagine the twins to look like

enjoy :)

—————————————————

"Go around the side!" Ben yelled as soon as the PRT pulled up outside the address Ben had texted them to go to.

Andy nodded, speeding around the corner and pulling in through the other driveway, driving over to the cars and turning the PRT so the back was facing the man stuck between the cars.

Mallie and Carina quickly opened the doors, climbing out and grabbing the gurney off the back to get the guy onto.

"We've got what we could find, and the blood Bailey dropped off. We've got everything set up for if he crashes, too," Mallie told Ben, hurrying over to the guy.

"Thank you for doing this," Ben said.

"Anytime. It's fun getting my hands bloody sometimes. Makes me feel young again," Mallie grinned at Ben.

"Delilah, Terrance, it's time," Ben told the man and his wife.

Mallie and Carina quickly got the gurney set up, then Mallie ran back to the PRT to get gloved and gowned so she could start working on Terrance immediately in the PRT while Ben and Carina got gloved and gowned.

"Okay, we're starting with a thoracotomy," Mallie mumbled to herself, grabbing the kit as Ben and the others started pushing the car off the man and putting him on the gurney.

Mallie watched as they wheeled him over to the PRT, Ben jumping onto the PRT and getting gloved and gowned while Carina helped push the gurney up. Ben connected the man up to the heart monitor, the sound of a flatline coming instantly. Travis started CPR while Ben intubated the guy, Mallie removing his shirt and starting to prep his chest for a thoracotomy.

"Okay, I'm going in," Mallie warned them.

Travis quickly connected the tube to the airbag, pumping it while Mallie took the scalpel from Carina and cut through the man's ribs. Travis was prepping blood, while Ben moved to assist Mallie on the thoracotomy.

"He's back, hypotensive," Travis said, the beating of the monitor picking up.

Mallie nodded, twisting her hand into the guy's chest.

"Okay, I got the aorta clamped," Mallie said, looking at Ben.

"We gotta go. Now," Ben said.

"While his chest is open?" Travis said.

"He'll die if we don't. Tell Andy to haul her ass in here," Mallie said.

Travis nodded, hurrying into the front of the PRT and climbing out of the door.

"Andy, we gotta go!" he said.

"Coming," Andy hurried over to the PRT, climbing into the front and turning the engine on while Travis got in the passenger seat.

"Okay, you got this?" Ben looked at Mallie.

"I got this," Mallie nodded, keeping her hand around the clamp holding the man's aorta together. "Just drive carefully, Andy!"

"I got it!"

"Okay, he's in surgery," Ben sighed as he walked over to Mallie, Carina and Andy in the hospital waiting room.

"Okay," Mallie sighed. "He gonna make it?"

"Looking good right now," Ben nodded. "We've got a bit of time before we have to head back. Do you wanna go and see Amelia?" he said.