Genesis (Halo 5)

GENESIS 28 OCTOBER
FORERUNNER INSTALLATION

On the surface of the Forerunner planet Genesis. A slipspace portal opens to let in a Guardian, arriving from Sanghelios. Locke and the rest of Fireteam Osiris are atop the Guardian, and in the distance can see another Guardian over this planet.

Tanaka: "Is that it?"

Vale: "Where are we?"

Tanaka: "What the-"

The Guardian shakes and the Spartans begin to slip and fall.

Locke: "Activate mag boots!"

Their boots magnetically adhere to the Guardian, keeping them from falling. They see now that they're standing "sideways", facing down the enormous "slope".

DANGER ZONE

Tanaka: "Like standing on the side of a skyscraper. This is bad."

Locke: "We'll be fine."

Tanaka: "Noble's down there, huh?"

Locke: "Let's find out. Spartan Jameson Locke, broadcasting on all UNSC frequencies. Noble Six, please respond."

(COM): (static)

Buck: "Guardian's moving."

Locke: "Get moving. Reach a low enough altitude where it's safe to jump."

The Spartans dash down the Guardian, their jumps magnified by gravity. Promethean Crawlers and Soldiers phase in.

Locke: "Crawlers ahead! Don't stop! Shoot and run!"

The Spartans engaged the enemy and did their best to fight the droids and not fall off the Guardian.

Locke: "Stay in the middle! Watch out for gaps!"

Tanaka: "Didn't come all this way to get killed now! Move faster!"

The segments of the Guardian tilt and sway, making travel harder.

Buck: "It's trying to shake us off!"

A massive pulse blasts from the Guardian causing the construct to shake and roar.

Vale: "What's that sound?!"

Locke and the Spartans lose their grip as the floor gives way. Locke tries to grab on another floating piece, but they freefall off the Guardian. As they approach the ground, Locke and the others activate their suits' thrusters, slowing them to land.

Tanaka: "Did it work? Is this the right place?"

Locke: "Let's try this again. Spartan Jameson Locke to Noble Six. Please respond."

The radio breaks with static again.

Locke: "Six... Doctor Halsey sent us. We're here to help-"

Y/N L/N (COM): "How the hell are you here?"

Locke: "Long story, sir. has been activating Forerunner-"

Y/N L/N (COM): "I'm aware. We're at the Gateway." 

Cortana (COM): "It's you. The same as Meridian. As Sanghelios. My, you do get around quickly."

Locke: "Cortana?"

Cortana ??? (COM): "Not quite."

Tanaka: "So this is the right place....Hang on did she just say "Not quite". What the hell does that mean?"

Cortana ??? (COM): "That's for you to find out."

Suddenly the comms cut off completely. The Spartans pass from their landing site to a Forerunner elevator. A purple light shines inside.