226: Hey, now you guys come?

Chapter 226: Hey, now you guys come?

Hiashi promptly lost consciousness, but nobody moved to help the man. Not even his wife and daughters.

Neji nodded to himself. "I like the fact none of you has made a move without my permission. Good. Though if you wish the previous Clan Head stays alive at the very least, you should take him to the doctor right away."

Immediately Arima, Hinata, and Hanabi ran to the unconscious body with worried gasps. Hinata brought her father to her arms, turning to Neji to give him a hateful glare that yelled 'Why?!', and ran to the infirmary with her mother and sister.

Hanabi waited a few more seconds, looking at him with tearful betrayed eyes, but Neji acted as if he was blind.

And then sighed once they left.

Hiashi had treated Neji Hyuga like a life stock of some sort in this timeline. He had no regard for Neji Hyuga's life and only cared about his eyes. Both daughters were aware of that, yet if they couldn't accept the result of the fight and rather just hated him forever, then it's his fault for misjudging them. Especially so in Hanabi's case.

On the side, Temari seemed impressed at this drama, whistling lightly. Though she stopped once Sakura poked her with an elbow. Tenten on the other hand barely held back a cheerful grin. If he was remembering correctly, her [Dislikings] was this- "Hyuga Clan for oppressing her crush Neji Hyuga.". So of course she was happy at this turn of events.

Only Sakura seemed torn between what to feel. On one hand, she knew the reality of the Branch family and should feel happy about this all, on the other hand, Hinata was her friend. So her face only spoke reluctance.

However, this situation didn't end here.

"What's the meaning of this, Neji Hyuga?" A voice called as three people walked through the front door of the clan compounds. "Is this a signal of war against the Leaf?" said Shikaku Nara, his face stoic.

[Shikaku Nara - High Tier 8]

He was standing behind the Hokage, Tsunade Senju, and beside Shizune. Both girls looked speechless, but Tsunade soon regained her senses.

"Answer his question, Neji." She said, her face serious as well. "I hope he's not right."

Of course, her love for Dan's lookalike only went so far. Moreover, after his subtle psychological attack earlier, she was a bit more 'sober' than usual.

"It is not as he says, Lady Hokage." Neji said with his own serious expression, making her flinch. "This is purely a skirmish between the Main and Branch family of the Hyuga Clan. The Leaf has always stayed out of our clan politics, and I hope it stays that way. Though I assure you this wouldn't affect the village in any bad way, quite the opposite actually."

Shikaku narrowed his eyes at that. "I admit you have a point, at least at your first line. But Hiashi is still a part of Konoha's main pillars, attacking him and then hurting him like that can't be overlooked."

Of course, they knew how badly Neji had hurt Hiashi. A Hyuga had run to the Hokage's office the moment the battle took a favour towards Neji. He had watched the fight happen with his Byakugan, and let the Hokage and her subordinates know about the happenings of the battle when they were approaching the clan compounds. Neji had actually seen the Hyuga ninja when he ran to the Holage's office but didn't care to stop him since this situation is better to happen sooner than later.

Neji scoffed at that. "So you suggest I just let him poke my eyes out two months from now on? You guys know the deal with my eyes and the Hyuga clan, right?" Neji asked, watching Tsunade flinch, looking away and avoiding his eyes. But Shikaku only frowned. "It was purely self-defence, in a sense, and I was only forced to do this since I had no one in the village to rely on."