227: Rectified Relationship

Chapter 227: Rectified Relationship

The meeting the next day started with Tsunade, Danzo, Shikaku, the two Konoha elders, Neji and lastly (surprisingly too) Hinata sitting around the table.

"With everyone present, we should start the meeting. In this meeting, we simply decide on the degree of crime Neji Hyuga has committed and decide his punishment or compensation after studying his crime with the context at hand." Danzo said, taking the lead casually as if he was the leader here. "We would first like to hear the details and its context from Hinata Hyuga, the daughter of the victim."

Hinata had her head down as she sighed. "I... I want to say cousin Neji is in the wrong. But. It's... really just my father who was trying to sacrifice him for the supposed 'greater good of the clan'."

Neji was somewhat surprised as he listened to her. He looked at her, as she was sitting opposite him, but she avoided his eyes.

"I am sure you all were aware of this already. His eyes are special, and father wanted them to be transplanted on me, before he changed his decision to Hanabi." Hinata said, looking at everyone. "However, in both cases, cousin Neji was to die once the operation finished. I am sure at least Lady Hokage here knew about it." Tsunade's lips thinned at that, and Hinata continued. "What he did, even though I hate to admit it, was purely self-defence. He just like any other man wanting to live, and just so happened to cause an accident in the battle."

Great. So he hadn't misjudged her personality. Different from her canon she might be, she was still a good girl at heart.

Hinata didn't say anything else, as every one of the Council Members glanced at each other's faces.

"...I suppose you are right." It was surprisingly Shikaku who said that, sighing. "I guess it needed me to hear it from Hiashi's own daughter of all people to realise this. Konoha never meddled with Hyuga Clan matters before, but we never really liked what they did with their branch members. Yet, now that someone of that suppressed faction has finally stood up, we are trying to push him down. It's my fault for getting agitated last night, Neji Hyuga. I apologise."

The man gave a short bow to Neji, and he replied with a bow of his own.

The others seemed to have similar thoughts too, with Tsunade already being as guilty as she was. However, Danzo was an exception.

[Danzo Shimura - Wood-Human - Peak Tier 9]

His Tier was a mess, honestly. He could surely defeat Tsunade, who was higher Tier than him, so this didn't really make sense. Neji supposed this was a situation similar to Shinso's from MHA-world.

Danzo opened his mouth.

"None of that excuses the fact he had attacked a Clan Head of Konoha. Just because someone has a sob story, doesn't mean they get to hurt the hand that fed them." The bandaged old man said, watching Neji's blindfold-covered eyes. "Also, is it not common courtesy to reveal your true self while talking to your elders? Why do you cover your eyes, while knowing well we already know your secret?"

Neji slowly took his blindfold off. He just didn't like the awed gaze people gave him every time he passed around them in the streets, it got tiring real soon, that's why he was still wearing these. But if Danzo wanted to play, he didn't mind.

"I guess. My bad." Neji said, his eyes glowing, which made Danzo scowl.

"So you admit. Then why do you still have your eyes active?" He asked, passively angry.

The other people in the room, including Hinata, all looked at the exchange in silence, deciding not to interfere.

Neji smiled at Danzo. "Why, sir Danzo, are you scared that my eyes might see something that I shouldn't see?