117

Both Daniella and Max woke up around the same time, it was still a bit early. The weather was a bit cloudy, indicating that it might rain during FP3 and the qualifying session later.

"I hope it rains during qualy," Daniella commented as she put on her shoes, ready to hit the gym and work out before heading to the paddock.

"Why?" Max asked in an amusing tone as he was almost done putting on his clothes, about to head back to his room. "All it will do is delay the session."

"I am not talking about heavy rain," Daniella stood up and looked at her boyfriend. "Just enough to ruin or mess up the other teams' strategy and give merc the pole," she gave a teasing smile.

Max can't help but roll his eyes, but the amusing smile was still on his face. After Daniella's accident in the last race, and Max's win both ended up with only a few points separating them. And even though they are in a relationship and love each other, they are both competitive and racing is their priority. The good thing is both are on the same page.

"Okay, I have to go now," Max said as he collected his watch and phone.

"I will see you at the track," Daniella smiled and gave him a quick kiss before he left the room.

She grabbed her phone, towel, and her water bottle before making her way to the gym.

***

Daniella and Charles were working out together, making small talks in between and discussing the upcoming qualifying session.

The Mercedes driver was done with her workout while Charles was still going on.

"It's just... it feels like I have done something wrong and I am getting punished for it..." Charles continued with the conversation.

"You have done nothing wrong," Daniella assured him as she collected her belongings. "The Ferrari strategy just sucks, and it's screwing you up in almost every race."

Charles was about to argue once again but got interrupted by Carlos. Daniella didn't notice him as her back was turned while she was checking her phone.

Carlos gave his teammate a look, silently asking him to leave.

"Umm... I am done as well," Charles stopped his workout and awkwardly said to Daniella. "Bye.."

"What? Charles..." Daniella was confused and immediately turned around. Charles already left and instead, she came face to face with Carlos.

He offered a genuine smile, but Daniella was caught off guard by his presence.

"He left," Carlos said, his eyes admiring her as if he hadn't seen her in days when in truth he saw her just the previous day.

"You made him," Daniella stated. "I have to go..."

Carlos didn't say anything but blocked her way.

"I called you that night after the last race..." He sounded a bit sad but was trying to cover it up with a soft smile. "Max picked it up..."

"Yeah, I know," Daniella bluntly replied. "He told me."

Carlos was almost disappointed to hear that. A part of him was hoping that Max kept it a secret from her so that he can get the opportunity to show that he will betray her trust again.

"And... he told you everything I said to him?" He cautiously asked.

"Yes," Daniella replied.

"And you don't have anything to say?" He once again sounded disappointed.