eleven

Colby spent most of that morning with me while I cried on his shoulder. I'm super thankful for him.

He got up at five in the morning and drove out to the meadow just to make sure I was okay.

Him coming over and making sure I was okay, made me feel bonded to him again.

I mean, who else would come out to the meadow just to see if I'm okay. It just proves that he really does care about me.

If it were the other way around, I would do the same for him. That just shows how much I still care about him.

Honestly, after thinking about it, I don't think I ever stopped. I don't think I ever hated him.

I just hated what he did. But knowing what really happened, and he's proved himself which is amazing.

The past day and a half have been a little rough. I told Cody what happened and he's letting me take off the next couple of days.

I told Logan and the band what happened and they've been super supportive.

I was currently in my apartment, trying to draw up a logo. As I was sitting there, I heard footsteps walk in.

I look over to see it was Logan. He looked at me sadly as I sat up and locked my IPad.

"Hey." I softly say as he walks over towards me. I move over a little bit so he could sit down next to me.

He inhaled a deep breath. "How are you?" He asked sweetly. I fake a smile towards him.

"I'm fine." I lie to him. He looks at me like he knows better. "Ashton." He said in a whisper.

I sigh knowing I couldn't lie to him. "It's weird. My dad was out of my life longer than he was in it. But he was always there." I start.

I know I can talk to him about this. He's never proven me wrong. "But now that he's gone forever, it is a weird thing." I speak out loud.

He nods his head while I speak so I know he's listening. "I might not understand fully but I'm here for you." I smile lightly towards him.

It was quiet for a moment. "Are you going to the funeral?" He asked towards me. I shrug while looking away.

"I don't know yet. I mean, he was never in my life. I haven't really seen his sister, my aunt, much since he left." I admit.

I start playing with my fingers out of nerves. I think he noticed cause he gently placed his hand on mine.

"You got me, Ashton." I smile at him lightly. Logan really is a really sweet guy.

I don't know how I opened up to him so fast. He's just super easygoing and easy to talk to.

I could see him get an idea in his head. "You look hungry. Want to go to in and out?" He suggested.

Food does sound good. I sigh and nod my head towards him. I stood up from the couch and slide my crocs on.

I don't feel like dressing up. "You know, I'm surprised you're not with Colby." He spoke out loud.

I shrug while putting my beanie on. "He's busy with Sam, they're editing." He nodded his head.

We walk down to his car since he offered to drive. We make small talk on the way to In and Out.

We order our food when we walk inside and sit down once we have it.

As we sat there and ate, someone walked in. I looked over to see Colby and he looked exhausted.

He looked over at me, making eye contact. He smiled a little bit and walked over towards me.