11. Hate the Club

Lani's POV

"Kehlani, why you not ready? We bouta leave in the next hour." Megan asked.

"I said what I meant, I'm not goin to no damn clubs."

"Why not? Not every experience is gonna be the same."

"I don't care, I'm traumatized."

"You know what I think you are?"

"What?"

"I think you dramatic. When was the last time you even saw her?"

"I can't even tell you that."

"You still got feelings for her, Keh?"

"No, obviously not. I done went and got married to the love of my life. It's just something that's always in the back of my mind."

"We not goin to Shabba. We are in Houston."

"If it's a club, it's a club. I'm not goin, I'll watch your dogs though."

"Please, just go. Even if it's for a little bit, please."

"Is it an important thing going on over there?"

"No, but I don't want you to be here, that's not fun."

"It's my idea of fun."

"I need y/n/n to convince your ass, hold on." She left the room to get her. Shortly after they came back.

"What's up?" Y/n/n asked.

"Your girl don't wanna be with no moves tonight. She not tryna go to the club."

"Why not? We're not going to Shabba."

"That's exactly what I said."

"It's not even that, y'all," I was sitting out the edge of the bed and leaned back using my left hand as a pillow and putting the right one on my stomach, "I just don't wanna go. I wanna stay here and eat."

"My love, you can eat whenever you want, even when you're at the club. Are you sure you don't wanna go?"

"I'll think about it. You look so good, baby."

"Thank you." I saw her blushing.

"What about me?" Megan said.

"You ight. I give it a three out of ten."

"You full of shit."

"I was playin, you shoulda asked Bri though, not me."

"You right. Be right back." She left to find Bri and y/n/n was standing in front of me.

"Why don't you wanna go?"

"I just don't. I don't like it there."

"What if you just sat down with me the whole time?"

"But I would want you to have fun."

"Imma have fun regardless, I wanna be with you though." She lifted my hand from my stomach and held it.

"I would only go just for you, you know that."

"I don't want you to go if you don't want to, though. I'm not gonna be the reason why you make certain decisions."

"Baby," I pulled her on top of me, "you want me to go with y'all or not?" I started rubbing up and down her back.