Carnival Date

Felix

"Aurore has an announcement to make!" The incompetent teacher said as another student, a girl I'd seen with Marinette a lot recently, came in smiling.

"As you all know, Christmas is coming in two months and we want to do something special for this year's graduating class. The student committee decided that we should have a winter ball this year so the class representative and their assistant of each class are required to meet up after school from next week to help set it up."

"I'm probably going to end up doing the work anyway," Marinette mumbled beside me.

"There will also be an award for the snow Queen and King. Students are expected to start voting on the school website from next week. If you want to participate then you can come to either me or Mirelle." Queen and King huh?

I looked over to Marinette who had zoned out and was staring blankly at the board. She had been doing that a lot lately.

Is she thinking about the kiss?

The way she reacted to it, means she liked it. Right?

Eh, I'm probably right.

~~~~~

"Hey, Felix!" The cheery voice of Chloe called out as I was about to hang out with my princess and Adrien. "What is it Chlo?" I asked slightly annoyed.

"You can't stop thinking about that kiss, can you?" My whole body froze up. "How the hell did you know that?"

"I know all, Felix. I know all. Now shit up and listen. There's going to be a carnival this weekend and Luka, Adrien, Kagami and I are going. Join us then." She said with a shrug.

"And why should I?" (What is this carnival people speak of?). "Cos then you guys will be going on your second date and maybe you might get to kiss her again, who knows?" She gave me a knowing smile and started to walk away. "I'll ask her when I see her." I gave in.

~~~~~

How am I supposed to ask her?! Everytime I get the chance, I freeze up and then say something completely stupid. To top it off, I have Chloe and Adrien making fun of me every time I fail and it's starting to get on my nerves.

Right now I was in the library panicking because Marinette said she wanted to talk to me after class.

What does she want to talk me about in private?

Did I do something wrong?

"Calm down, Felix. You're over thinking things. Once she gets back from gym class then you can finally ask her." I mumbled to myself.

"Felix!" Marinette whisper-yelled as she popped out of nowhere. She sat down next to me making my face heat up like crazy. "Is there something you want to tell me, Felix?" She asked immediately she sat down.

"I, uh, ... Yes?" I stammered. There really is something wrong with me. "Yes, I wanted to ask if you uh... Oh God." I muttered not being able to get the words out of my mouth. "Felix, you know you can talk to me about anything." She held my hand and smiled at me softly as if it was going to get me to talk.

Nope, she's just making me more nervous. You can do it Felix!

"Would you want to be my date to the carnival this weekend?" Huh? She asked me? "If you don't want to to go Felix, it's fine." I still couldn't find my voice and probably just started at her like a dying fish or something.

"Felix... Felix... I'm sorry I asked, I'll be going now." Marinette said as she got up and left. "N-no wait!" I winced at how loud I was and hoped the librarian would send me out. "Of course, I want to go. I just wanted to be the one to ask you." I said pouting slightly.

"Well you were taking too long so I took the initiative. Now come on, Chloe and Adrien are waiting for us!" She grabbed my hand and I let her pull me out of the library.

~~~~~

"Did you ask her?" Was the first thing Chloe asked me. We were in art class and Adrien was busy talking to Marinette about how Lika kept begging him to talk to her father. "Actually, she asked me." I responded sheepishly, turning my attention away from my sketch book.

"You didn't have the balls, Mr. Cocky-overconfident-asshole?" I didn't even need to look at her face to know that she had a smug look on her face. "Shut it. At least I'm going with her. Doesn't that count for something?"

I couldn't focus on my drawing. I tried to draw anything and everything but I always end up with an image of my father. His anniversary was coming up and it was bothering me more than ever. Mother never liked to cry in front of me but I could still hear her sobs in the other side of the door every year and I can't help but feel like it's my fault.

Since we're in Paris this year, she's going back to London again and asked me to come with her. I don't know if I can actually do it.

"Felix?" Marinette said snapping me out of my thoughts. "Hmm?" "Are you okay? You kinda spaced out for a bit." Adrien asked pointing to the pencil which was now snapped in half. "Oh, yeah, I was just thinking about something. Do you have another pencil I can borrow?" Marinette pulled one out of her bag and handed it over to me.

~~~~~