chapter 155

A couple of years of have passed and I say things are still going well. The kids are definitely growing. Elias is two years old now and is still being called Egg.

The kids no longer call Ryujin Ryuda though. They call her baba now. That was all their doing. We never brought up anything regarding what they refer to Ryujin as.

When they talked to us about changing it, I did ask why not mom and Eva said it will become confusing in the future. She said that since they sometimes call me mom instead of mommy, then calling Ryujin mom will be a hassle to specify which one they're talking to if we're in the same room so baba fits her better because Eva used to her call her Dada anyways.

Ervin then just follows along with what Eva suggest because he has so much trust in his sister.

"Love, can you watch Egg for a moment? I really have to poop" Ryujin leaves Elias with me before running to the bathroom.

Ryujin took the day off today for her mental health day. Her and Elias were outside playing before she had to poop.

After a few minutes, Ryujin comes back and sits next to me.

"Good poop?" I ask.

"It could be better" she answers.

"Are you picking up the kids or am I?" I ask.

"I can pick them up. I don't think they know I took the day off today so they'll be surprise to see me."

Ryujin gives me a kiss on the lips then she kisses Elias on the head.

Elias is growing well but he's not developing as quickly as the other two. At two years old, my older two can usually say simple sentences but Elias can only say limited words. He's also struggling with taking his first step. We did mention that to the doctor but he said that there's nothing wrong with Elias so he could just be developing slower than other kids.

While sitting on the couch, Elias is climbing all over me and grabbing my face or pinching it. This is his favorite play time, invading your personal space and shoving his hand in your mouth.

"We're home!" Ervin announces while dropping his bag on the floor.

"Ervin, are you forgetting something?" Ryujin says as soon as she sees him drop the bag.

He quickly goes back to pick it up and take it to his room.

"Hi, mommy" Eva greets me while approaching us.

"Hi, Egg" she holds his hand.

"How was school?" I ask.

"It was good" she answers. I notice that she seems down.

"I'm going to my room" she says smiling but it's not her usual bright smile.

"Did you notice something different about Eva?" I ask Ryujin once Eva is gone.

"I asked but she said she's tired" Ryujin sits next to me.

"Give her some time to relax then you or myself can talk to her. It might be best that only one of us tries to talk to her. She might feel overwhelmed if we're both there" she adds.

We do understand that Eva is getting older now. She's almost at the double digit age so we try to give her more space and more time for herself then we remind her that she can always come to us if she wants company.

I'm actually really scared for them to reach teenage years. I'm not sure if it's something I can handle if we have a disagreement.

It's been about ten minutes and I thought I should talk to her so I leave Elias and Ervin with Ryujin.