𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 , the upside down

chapter eight , the upside down

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Wait, so you guys thought I was eaten by that monster so you bought a bunch of weapons to try and kill it?"

Kennedy was in the backseat of Jonathan's car, looking between the Wheeler and the Byers in shock. "And then you found out Tommy, Carol, and Steve slut shamed you with spray paint?" Nancy nodded as Kennedy scoffed. "What the hell! Did you punch him?"

"I did." Jonathan deadpanned. "Numerous times." Nancy Wheeler went on to explain everything else that happened the day before. Steve and Nancy's fight, the spray painted words on the theater and around the town. The cruel words that spat out of Steve's mouth as he tried to push Jonathan Byers's buttons. Which, he did. And he got his ass kicked in the process.

The Theroux huffed as she scooted forwards. "Nance, you know I would never have let them do that if I was there," She said as she looked at the brunette.

Nancy looked back. "No, I know." Nancy said softly. "It was just so stupid! I mean, Steve thought I was sleeping with Jonathan cause he must have saw him in my room." The girl explained.

"And you couldn't tell him we were monster hunting, so you had to let him think the worst." Kennedy mumbled as she leaned back. Nancy clicked her tongue, nodding slowly. Kennedy was fuming. She shook her head. "The next time I see them, I'm gonna swing his ass to the ground so fast-"

"We're here."

The girls clamped their mouths shut as they pulled up to the Byers house. Kennedy climbed out of the backseat as Jonathan opened the trunk. Kennedy looked at the box in his hands, seeing a bear trap and other things inside.

Kennedy followed Nancy and Jonathan into the house, looking at it in surprise. Letters were painted on the wall and christmas lights hung from the ceiling. Except there were no bulbs. She frowned as she looked around. "You redecorated!" She chirped as she nodded. She tried her best to sound hopeful, but this place looked like it belonged to a crazy person. To be fair, it kind of did.

Jonathan placed the traps down, sighing as he looked around. "We gotta set up the lights," He breathed. Kennedy looked at Nancy, the three of them getting to work.

Every light Hopper had taken out days before we're out back in by the teens, at least the lights they could find. Jonathan set a bear trap in the hall, letting Kennedy test out its security. After all, she was the one who now had super strength.

Nancy loaded her gun, which was originally Lonnie's. Jonathan hammered excessively nails into the bat. And Kennedy? Well Kennedy sat in Wills bedroom, flicking her claws repeatedly. She tried her best to get used to the new feeling. The new anatomy that she had been unaware of for so long. The claws that replaced her nails. The fangs that formed in her mouth. The seething, animal like sounds she'd release. They set up traps, and soaked the floor with gasoline.