𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒.

Rhegan Clarke

Rhegan Clarke

Dinner with my father went as expected.

Dominic shit his pants quite a few times, my father got a laugh out of it, and I got two of my favorite guys to spend money on me.

It was a win win.

My father wouldn't let Dominic pay the check and vice versa. Both very stubborn men if you ask me. So I suggested that they split the check for argument sake while sitting back and finishing off my cocktail.

I now sat at my vanity as I got ready for bed. Dominic laid against my headboard in all of his shirtless glory, his briefs showing the bulge of his dick. " Put some sweats on," I say, braiding my hair back and trying to keep my eyes in my reflection and not his dangerously sexy body.

Dominic gets up, approaching my vanity chair as I tie one braid and start in the other. He leans down, pressing his lips against my exposed shoulder thanks to my nightgown.

A vintage silk set. Red and lace trimmed. My favorite.

" Why?" He questioned, making eye contact with me through the mirror. My fingers falter slightly as I swallow and roll back my shoulders.

" It's distracting," I stupidly admit.

Dominic chuckles and straightens to his full height. I finish up my hair and push up out of my chair. Turning around, I crane my neck back slightly as he towers over me.

He was so damn tall.

" And you wearing this to sleep knowing that you having us on some type of celibacy pact isn't distracting?" Dominic tugged on the bottom of my night gown, his fingers brushing against the soft skin of my thighs sending tingles down my spine.

A celibacy pact?

" We are not on a celibacy pact and you know it." I poke at his smooth, oddly hairless chest. " We need to do this. Not rush into sex too fast again. I know that it's hard but we've been doing so good lately, Nic."

Dominic's hands travel back up to my waist, resting there before he pulls me closer into his body. " I know, Ice. We have been doing good, amazing even without sex. But that wasn't the sole issue of what happened between us."

My brows caved and my head jerked back slightly. I opened and closed my mouth to speak but I couldn't. He was right.

We really hadn't delved into why I left, why I didn't give him a chance. Which, honestly, was so self explanatory on my end that I didn't see the need to address it.

Clearly, I was wrong.

I owed him answers but we were just finally getting into a good place. Communication had never been my... thing. It was hard for me to open about my issues and that got in the way of so many things that I had truly wanted.