Chapter 27

"Though I do wonder why you came back. From what you told me hundreds of years ago, Ei had chosen to chase you out of Inazuma and you had no trouble complying. So why would you come back now?"  Miko asked. Ichiro froze.

There was no way he would ever tell her the truth and the Fatui's plans because no matter how many times the two fought, he was sure that Miko would inevitably choose to stay loyal to his sister.

"There's a matter that my wife and I need to handle here. It won't take long so I'm hoping I'll be able to slip past my sister's gaze and leave." He answered vaguely.

"Ah yes, the wife." She said with such distaste. Ichiro glanced at her and smirk.

"Is that jealousy I hear, Lady Guuji?" He teased as Miko loudly scoffed.

"Jealousy? My, my. Your time in the Fatui has really messed with your head. Don't be ridiculous Ichiro." She said as she looked away.

Ichiro only smiled softly as he looked at the city from afar as the sun rose which captured the view of the city beautifully.

"How are you?" Ichiro suddenly asked. "Huh?" Miko looked at Ichiro, confused with the sudden change of mood.

"Oh, uh, I'm fine, thank you for asking. How about you, how are you and your schemes with the Fatui?" She asked as Ichiro laughed.

"Well..." Ichiro trailed off as he remembered their fight. "As you've said before, I've sacrificed everything," He glanced at Miko who was looking deeply at him. "And I have nothing more to lose..."

Miko hummed. "Well, might as well make it worth it." She suggested as Ichiro nodded in agreement.

"Wow... This just went from teasing to depressing very quickly." Ruichiro muttered as Ichiro couldn't help but let out a chuckle out loud.

Miko looked at him weirdly. "What? What is it?" She asked with an amused expression.

Ichiro shook his head. "Nothing, nothing. Just thought of something funny."

Miko nodded. "Mm, well let me bring us back to my original question. Why are you here?" She asked as Ichiro thought about what to say.

"I'm here to see Ei." He truthfully answered. "Why?" Miko asked.

"Nonya." Miko looked at him in confusion.

"Non- if you say what I think you're gonna say-"

"Nonya business." This then earned Ichiro a whack at the back of his head.

Miko sighed. "Honestly, where did you learn that this time?" She asked as she shook her head in disappointment.

"Hehe, one of my proteges has a younger brother that seems to take joy in talking back to me." He said as he reminisced back to the times he would check on Childe's family per his request.

Meanwhile at the delusion factory, a short man with an overly massive hat was pacing back and forth in his office.

A knock came at his door. "Come in." He said. As the door opened, a Fatui agent stepped in and bowed before stating his purpose.

"Lord Scaramouche, the Emperor has arrived in Inazuma." He informed him. Scaramouche nodded and quickly dismissed the agent with a wave of a hand.

"I'm sorry uncle, but it seems like this is when we'll be parting ways."

Back at the mansion, Rosalyne was sat up in bed, reading reports from her subordinates when Ichiro emerged from the bathroom.

"You were gone for a long time, what were you-" She cut herself off when she saw that Ichiro's hair was now black instead of its usual purple.

"What?" He asked her as she stared at her with a shocked expression.

"Wha- what do you mean 'what?'. I- you changed your hair? I don't think I've seen you with black hair other than when I first met you." She told him with an amused expression as Ichiro huffed in response.

"I'm going to the city to buy us some local clothes so that we won't stand out and maybe gather intel from the townsfolk, I didn't want to get recognized or caught. Celestia knows that my sister is the only one with purple hair, I'd be sticking out like a sore thumb." He explained as he combed his hair.

"Klein went back to Liyue to assist Childe in handling the aftermath of the incident and follow the traveller for a while." He informed her as she hummed along, still staring at his hair.

"Hmm. But I have to say, black hair does suit you more better." She said with a mischievous smirk, ignoring his previous statement.

Ichiro looked at her through the mirror with an unamused expression before finally turning around to face her.

"You're on bed rest, don't test me." He warned as he threateningly pointed the comb towards her as she giggled at his antics.

"Get some rest." He reminded her before exiting and closing the door behind him.

As Ichiro was strolling through the city, he suddenly notice Klein who had ran up to him looking like a mess. He looked at him confused as the man tried to catch his breath.

"Klein, aren't you supposed to be in Liyue? Have you already sorted-"

"The traveller is here." Klein informed Ichiro as Ichiro's eyes widened. Ichiro quickly ushered Klein to a secluded area.

"Already? I would've at least given him a few more days to arrive." Ruichiro commented as Ichiro silently agreed.

"How?"

"The Alcor. According to one of the crew that I questioned, he got a free ride after winning a competition held by Captain Beidou. His prize was a free trip to Inazuma and an inactive vision by Kaedehara Kazuha." He informed him.

"Kaedehara... Where have I heard that name before..." Ichiro thought to himself.

"I believe the Kaedehara was part of one of the families that comprised the Raiden Gokaden. They are very well known for being amazing bladesmiths until recently." Klein reminded him.

"Ah yes, I remember my last encounter with their family..." Ichiro muttered as he remembered the time a certain puppet decided to make one last trouble before leaving.

"Sir Kaedehara Kazuha seems to be the last descendant of the Kaedehara family and is currently on the run due to the Vision Hunt Decree."

"What's his vision?" Ichiro asked in curiosity.

"He has an anemo vision, my lord." Klein answered as a smirk spread across Ichiro's face.

"So he seeks freedom..." Ruichiro muttered to himself.

"And the inactive vision?" Ichiro asked.

"I'm afraid I have no information about it, my lord." Klein answered.

Ichiro nodded thoughtfully. "Find out who's vision that was and all information regarding it after you help Childe with the whole situation in Liyue. Find out more about the Kaedehara kid as well." Ichiro ordered as Klein bowed in compliance.

"Of course, my lord."

After Klein had left, Ichiro stayed behind as he mulled over the information he had just received.

"Things really are starting to get interesting." He grinned.

~ ~ ~ {¤} ~ ~ ~

A/N: This is the last of my drafts and I don't really know when I can publish the next chapter.

School for me has started a few weeks ago and I was fortunate to have written this in advance because I really haven't opened my drafts until today.

I also haven't been keeping up with the lore, with Sumeru being released a few days(?) ago. Idk I've lost track of time.

I'll try to have something out by next week but no promises. I might not release anything if it's trash anyway.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share if you like the story!