41 - Spectra's Forbidden Knowledge

Ari

Ari

What do you mean, you know where Mortaen is?" echoes a startled Taurus as his eyes glance over Carina's excited, flushed face.

"Map!" Carina says, reaching them just before Pisces, unfolding a map and placing it against the keyboard. There's a large island marked with some scribbling in a corner of the map. It looks like it's been scratched at with a sharp object, multiple times.

"Wow," Scorpio claps slowly, his voice laden thickly with sarcasm as he rolls his eyes in thinly veiled contempt. "That's right, sister mine, map."

Without looking up from the map, she places a finger on the island and with her other hand swats him, hard. I wince on the older Darktale's behalf.. "Ouch, how painful," he drawls, rubbing his face in mock pain.

"This," Pisces says, seemingly oblivious to the sibling drama, "is Mortaen. It's been literally scratched out of a map, or covered up with paint. If there's anywhere on Deleias they are —"

"It's there," finishes Carina, looking up at us proudly with a beaming grin that would suggest she has an innocent and clean soul. We, however, know that by no means does she have a clean or innocent soul.

"We know about Mortaen," Taurus says with a shrug, "they are definitely there. The only problem is how to —" he freezes suddenly, digging a hand into his pocket as his voice raises in pitch. "I just remembered something?"

"What?" Sagittaria prompts, leaning closer and elbowing Gemi out of the way. The dying light from the windows slants onto her face, illuminating her hair in a beautiful red color. Her skin is an almost pale gold color in the light. She's pretty. I always knew that. I just — never really thought about it now, I guess. She looks as wild and fiery and beautiful as her personality is. Ari. Shut up, will you?

"So I did a Capri and I stole some money from a girl wearing gray. I think she was blonde, not sure about that. I got some Relixian currency and also one Deleian coin. Which is totally unsuspicious until I remembered her and she seems to show up literally everywhere. Behind us at the Portal," explains Taurus, a concerned frown hovering on his lips as he rubs his fingers together.

"Oh yeah, this one girl walked behind us to here," Carina says with a shrug. "Didn't really see how she looked."

I decide to return my gaze to the computer as Carina and Taurus softly bicker about Carina's observational skills, as I click enter on the search bar and scroll down.

Events that happened during the Seventh

"Queen Serena deceased," I mumble, idly reading one news post. She died on the Seventh and later, the twin Queens ascended to take the throne. The trial for Princess Vendetta, the youngest sister and suspected murderer is still pending. Not interesting. The siren kingdom isn't nearly big enough for the death of Queen Serena to be such a large event. Murder would make it bigger, yes. So would the ascension of two Queens, which isn't right. Even still, sirens are a minority, and Ethereals, even though they're some of the only Ethereal races to have kingdoms.