Ch 574: Planning

An aircraft landed twenty-four hours before the wedding ceremony of the princess of Yan and the prince of Higashi.

As people were pouring out of it, Ch'en could be seen in the crowd. She looked around and saw a person at the landing pad. This must be the person assigned to welcome her. With that, Ch'en carried her things and walked towards the blond woman.

When they were close enough to each other, Leizi greeted her, "You must be Officer Ch'en from Lungmen," She then offered her hand towards her as she introduced herself, "My name is Leizi. I am the representative of Yan, here to escort you to your stay."

"Nice to meet you," Ch'en nodded at Leizi as she shook her hand. She noticed Leizi was a Kylin, based on her horns, "Thank you in advance for helping."

"Think nothing of it," Leizi let go of her hand and ushered her, "Follow me. Do you need any help with your luggage?"

"No. I can carry them just fine," Ch'en politely declined her offer and followed Leizi.

As they were walking inside the airport, Ch'en noticed that there were many people there.

"It's very lively here, no?" Ch'en noted off-handedly to her escort, "Is this something common here?"

Leizi debated with herself on whether to entertain Ch'en's question or not. Her job was only to be her escort. However, she remembered she was the representative of the prince, Zhen, no matter what people say. Leizi needed to take care of his image. That and the prince knew that woman based on what he had told her on the phone.

"... This is a rare occasion," Ch'en heard the woman answer beside her. With how long it took her to respond, Ch'en thought that the woman would not bother answering, "The princess is getting married after all. People all around the world want to see this event."

"All across the world?" Ch'en hummed, "Is it safe to let so many people come here?"

"I understand you are worried, truly I do. However, I can reassure you that everything will be fine," Leizi nodded, "The defense department of Chang'an is not something to look down on. If that isn't enough to satisfy you, the Imperial Guards of Yan are also here because of the presence of the royal family here. "

Listening to what Leizi said, Ch'en noticed that there were a lot of guards spread out in the airport. They must have tight security here. And the Imperial Guards of Yan? She really did not have anything to worry about. Said group was responsible for protecting the royal family from harm. Although Ch'en knew that not all of them were here, even a small number of them were strong.

This made her realise that Lungmen was really lacking in power compared to other major cities in Yan, like, for example, Chang'an. Maybe she should talk with Wei Yenwu about the topic.

Ch'en then shook that idea away from her head. No, she was not here for work. She was here for Li, the princess and one of her friends from childhood. With her connection with Wei Yenwu, she could meet the princess and forge a bond with her. They shared a lot of similarities. They were both regarded as the little sisters of the family and had their siblings as their role models. For Li, it was the third prince, Zhen, while for Ch'en... It did not matter.

Their friendship did not last long. It was the reason that the cause was also related to their older siblings. They did not meet each other for a long time.

However, that changed when Wei Yenwu said that she will be the representative of Yan to go to the wedding ceremony of the princess.

"So, about the event," Ch'en glanced back at the Kylin, "Can you tell me more about it?"