Chapter 50

Theo

Vince and I are at the company right now, attending a meeting.

One of the directors of the company is explaining about the new project and its' pros and cons.

In the middle of the meeting, Vince got a call and he took it.

The moment he heard what the person on the phone said, he stiffened and his eyes turned dark.

I looked at him with a small frown and raised my brow asking what the matter is.

He cut the call and stood up.

"Ladies and gentlemen, continue with the meeting. Theo and I have something important to attend to.", he said and involuntarily his voice came out darker than usual that had the members in the meeting gulp hard and give him a nervous nod.

He walked out of the meeting room quickly and I followed him.

"What's wrong, Vince?", I asked him, once we reached the car and got in.

"There was an attack near the hill.", he said and I immediately tensed.

"Aria and Angel?", I asked and he nodded.

"How are they? Are they safe?", I asked, the tension rising in my chest.

"Lina is. They are going into the forest to get Arianna.", he said coldly.

"Why are they in separate places? Why aren't they together?", I asked tensed and with a frown on my face.

"Theodore", he said coldly and the hint was clear in his voice.

He didn't want me asking any questions right now.

Though Vince had his usual stoic face and his eyes turned extremely blank but cold, his fisted palm clearly showed how much on edge he is right now.

I just hope both of my sisters are safe.

Moreover, Aria doesn't even know about any of this. I hope she holds on a little longer and be safe.

I don't want Aria to go through what Angel has suffered in the past and I don't want the past repeating itself with Angel.

After a few minutes of painfully silent drive with increasing tension, we finally reached the spot where we found some men backing off from the spot.

We got out of the car and our men surrounded us, shielding us from the raining bullets.

"Where are my sisters?", I asked coldly, masking my nervousness.

"They are in the forest, Boss. Both of them are safe.", one of our men said.

But that didn't relax me at all. I won't be relieved until I see my sisters safe myself.

Vince and I hurried into the forest not bothering an ounce about the firing taking place between our men and the others.

After a while, I spotted Aria and Angel at a distance with a few men surrounding them to prevent them from any gunshots.

My heart sank when I saw Aria lying there without any movement.

I rushed towards them and tried to take Aria out of Angel's embrace but she shoved my hands off and continued rocking back and forth.

I realized she is still in shock and fear so I called her out in the most calm voice I could muster right now.

"Angel", I called out and she looked up at me and her hold on Aria loosened.

I gently took Aria from her and checked for any injuries but found none. I realized she might have passed out due to fear and shock.

I looked at Angel and took a sharp breath looking at her bleeding forehead.