GLM 28

It seemed as if Allure was fresh off the plane and into work, they'd made it back to Dallas at 11pm and she still decided to come to work even though she wasn't scheduled until the next day. As always she threw herself into work so she wouldn't be able to drown in her thoughts—fucking her up more than she already was.

Allure walked into work, searching for Michelle. She wanted to give her gifts before she forget and ended up keeping them in her car for weeks, shortly she found Michelle in the break room making her morning cup of coffee. Whilst walking into the break room, someone walking out bumped into her.

"Excuse me." Allure spoke as she bent down to pick up the gift bag.

"Naw, excuse me." He replied as he extended his hand for Allure to shake, "I'm Kyren." He announced.

"Allure." Allure responded as she shook his hand, Kyren stood at about 5'9. He had caramel skin, with a pair of deep dimples that exposed themselves when she spoke, his hair was cut into a regular neat fade. Even though he had on a lab coat, Allure could tell he had tattoos by the one on his left hand—he was pretty cute.

"I'm the new supervisor for day surgery." He explained.

"So you're my boss." Allure replied, she was only gone for a week and a half and they had a new boss—damn. She wasn't mad about it though, it was good to be working with someone who looked liked her.

"I prefer colleague." He lightly chuckled, she could understand. She assumed they were around the same age so it was weird to call him boss.

Allure chuckled, "Well, I'll see you around colleague."

"You're back." Michelle sang in a sing song voice before taking a sip from her coffee, Allure noticed that her usually silk pressed hair was now covered by box braids that she had wrapped up with a claw clip.

"And I come bearing gifts." Allure smiled as she handed Michelle the bag, Michelle exchanged her coffee for the bag and began to rummage through it. Allure's Apple Watch vibrated causing her to pull her wrist up to her face.

🐮❤️
How you feeling?

                     Good, are you gonna eat lunch with me?

🐮❤️
I'm locked in at the studio Tink, we'll do dinner fasho. Your pick.

Allure smiled as she replied back to him, she sent the text and stuck her phone back into her scrub jacket pocket and continued to watch Michelle open the gifts.

"Thank you girly." Michelle squealed, "Now I can add Mexico to my shot glass collection." She added, Allure lightly chuckled.

"No honestly, you didn't have to think about me but you did." Michelle added, Allure weakly smiled. For some reason her compassion made her a bit sad, it reminded her of how her mother had none for her.

"But how was the trip?" Michelle asked as she stuck the gifts back into the bag.

"It was...fun, my homegirl got engaged." Allure answered.

"Oh wow, tell her run while she can." Michelle chuckled to herself before taking a sip from her coffee, Allure noticed that she always took jabs at her marriage but never really spoke about any problems, Allure didn't want to dig though. She figured if Michelle wanted to say something, she would.

 She figured if Michelle wanted to say something, she would