Ch 579: Not The Sanest

Everything happened so suddenly. No one moved. They watched the scene play out. There were a few exceptions though.

Ch'en already was hot on the kidnapper's tail, using a different route because the main one was blocked by a wall of black ice.

Leizi also faded into the crowd. She needed to find the prince as fast as possible. Failing the prince once was more than enough for her. The prince told her where they will meet, so with that information, she ran straight to that place.

All this happened so suddenly that Ying Jie was kicked under the stand, and after Ying Li was carried by the panda and ran away, most of the people didn't react. Most people's hearts are driven by love, and they thought that this was also a designed bridge, but when they saw Ying Jie staggering and almost falling under the stage, and his expression changed from shock to anger, everyone realized that something was wrong.

Hayate was still in a state of shock as he was in the pile of tables that he landed on. His cheek still felt the sting of the punch that he had received. The bruise felt weird. It was painful, yes, but it felt... cold. Like someone punched his face with a brick of ice. He lay on the table, trying to process that a giant panda just punched him in the face.

Ying Jie pulled himself out of the cake that he fell into. His guts felt like that punch had just rearranged them completely. When the prince managed to get out of his creamy trap, his furious eyes went to the altar. They widened when he saw there was a wall of black ice and the panda and princess were now gone.

He tore his gaze from the altar and went to the nearest guards. All of them still had a Gobsmacked expression on their faces from all of this

"You bastards!" Ying Jie shouted furiously, "What are you all doing?! Chase that panda!"

So with that scream, the guards finally took action.

No one could blame them for their lack of response. They were all expecting a happy ceremony where the princess of Yan would be married off to the Higashi royalty. Not seeing the princess being kidnapped by a panda of all things. Something like this would happen in a cartoon, not in real life.

Commands were given through the radio on finding the whereabouts of a panda that stole the princess. Although they were little guards in the area now, their amounts should be enough to catch the culprit before it was too late.

"Wha-what-what just happened?!" FEater screamed in shock. Her voice was almost drowned out by the muttering that came from the crowd, "Did he just punch two princes?! I know that he said that he wanted to do that. I did not know he was serious! And in public no less! What was he thinking?!"

"He wasn't," Messiah said as she smiled at all of this. Her eyes were fluttering as she watched all of this play out, "That is just who he is."

Compared to the calm Messiah, Grani was ready to run to Lin Ye's aid. Her hands were inches away from her spear, "What are we going to do? Are we going to help him?"

"No," Warfarin instantly denied this. With Lin Ye not being here, he assigned her as the leader of the group now. He also made sure that Messiah and Nian would follow her orders, "We need to go to where we promised to meet."

She shook her head as she led the group out of the venue. Warfarin grumbled under her breath as she led the way, "That moron! He was given millions of choices! Why did he choose the most troublesome one?! Are all royalty dumb or is he just a special case!"

"I believe the answer is the latter," Messiah answered, "He is quite special."

Nian followed the team, She noticed the guards were about to spread into the palace to catch Gege. Her eyes narrowed at them. Then she remembered what Gege did just now. With that idea on her mind, she raised her foot and stomped it to the ground. This act was nothing amazing. She did not even make a noise.