Ch 580: Panda

As the earthquake finally died down, the second prince of Yan, Ying Jie stood on top of the altar, or what has been left of it, at least. There was still the black ice wall that was covering the exit route the kidnapper used. No matter how much they tried to melt the wall, they did not even make a drop of water. Even Arts did nothing to it. The freezing temperature still stayed on the ice.

As the second prince stood on top of the altar, he watched the venue of the event that he had planned so long for.

It was over.

That sentence kept on repeating in his mind as he took in the sight in front of him.

Tables and chairs were shattered everywhere. The food was all over the floor because of the chaos. All the citizens that were present were now being escorted to safety.

He failed. Ying Jie had failed. The job that the emperor gave him, he had failed. After this, the emperor would never entrust him with anything anymore.

The prince clenched his fists as he remembered everything that had the build-up to this moment.

Why was everything against him?!

The tsunami. The Earthquake.

This was not something that would naturally happen. This was more than a mistake made by the Meteorology Department. Someone was controlling the weather to make him fail so badly today. Of course, he did not have any evidence in his guess but something made him sure that this was the case.

The question now was, who did all of this?

The only person that he thought could be able to make this happen was the eldest brother. He must be it! He could easily hide the fact that there was a Catastrophe coming to the city. Ren had always been good at lurking in the background as he watched his plan play through in front of him. Ying Jie had to admit that his plan was working wonders in ruining his chances of being the emperor.

Ying Jie clutched the handle of the golden sword tightly. His teeth were about to shatter because of the sheer anger that he was holding back from bursting out of him.

After cleaning up himself and changing his clothes to more comfortable ones, he made his way to Ying Jie's side. When he stood just beside him, Hayate could feel the anger radiating from the other prince's body. He even could feel the air around Jie start to become static because of the slight sparks of electricity. It even made Hayate take some steps away from the prince in fear of him getting shocked to death.

With what race Jie was, Hayate was not surprised by the intensity of his power. He was the descendent of the pure dragons. They called themselves the Sui. Their name came from the Dragon God Sui. Seeing their power first-hand, Hayate had no doubts that they were the strongest race of all Terra. Even the Sarkazs that love fighting were no match for them. That was one of the reasons why Yan was feared by the other nations.

"... Let's get inside." The sparks around Jie slowly disappeared as he turned his gaze to Hayate, "We don't have time to get sick now, do we?"

Not waiting for a reply, the prince of Yan walked past Hayate and went inside the palace. After processing what he just said, Hayate quickly followed behind Ying Jie. It did not take long for both of them to find themselves inside one of Jie's personal rooms.

As they both took a seat for each other in the room, a soldier came inside. It seemed that he was from the imperial guard. Seeing the prince in the room, he went to him and kneeled in front of him.

Before the soldier could say anything, Ying Jie asked him first.

"Did you catch him yet?"

Although shocked the prince was still focused on the intruder instead of the well-being of the citizens, he recovered and gave him an answer.