44. First Born

Angelina followed Rosie back to the abode where Mason had temporarily placed her sister and a recovering Roman. Rosie barely spoke on their walk. Only a few sniffs escaped her lips. Angelina could sense that there was more her sister wanted to say but something stilled her tongue.

"He hasn't woken up since we came here." Rosie pointed out as she led Angelina to a sleeping Roman. She watched quietly as Rosie kneeled by his body. She clasped his pale hand between her dainty palms. She rubbed the apple of her cheek against the top of his hand, whispering a few soft words against his skin.

Roman remained unresponsive to her sister's tender contact.

"If it's Tamsyn who had assisted him, he's in good hands." Angelina reassured Rosie.

Rosie nodded, "They've been taking care of us."

"That's good."

Rosie kept quiet for some time. Angelina could tell that there was still something in her sister's mind. She decided she would breach it. "Tell me what you're thinking Rosie."

"How do you always do that?" Rosie laughed but the sound was dry and absent of humour. "You always seem to know what's going on before anyone else does."

"Rosie."

"I know that you've mated with the Alpha." Rosie revealed. "He told me when he came across Roman and I. I'd been feeling guilty, but I felt nothing but complete relief when he told me about you two. Are you happy with that man?"

Angelina tensed from the sudden question. She hadn't expected that question, especially not from Rosie.

She also didn't expect the answer to resound so clearly in her head either.

Rosie took her silence as her response. "I see. I'm happy for you little sister. He seems very protective of you. You deserve a man who'll do anything to keep you safe. I never could keep you safe the way I wanted, and you always seemed to do that on your own without anyone else's help."

Angelina was struck speechless by her sister's words. She hadn't realised that Rosie had tried to protect in her own way.

"I have a favour to ask of you Angie." Rosie whispered. Angelina could detect the tone of nervousness in her words.

"What is it?"

"Is there any chance that Roman and I could join your Pack?"

Angelina blinked, surprised.

"Yes, you can join." Mason's voice startled her from her stunned silence.

Angelina's body softened as Mason curled an arm around her waist, seamlessly guiding her to his side as he examined the room. She felt the scruff of his jaw against her neck a scant second later. She clucked her tongue as she felt his hot palms slip under her shirt and span her ribcage. "Hmm, you should watch where those fingers go." Angelina warned.

Mason merely grasped her hip and released a huff of humour against her skin.

"You really mean that? Roman and I can join your Pack?" Rosie asked, looking wide eyed at Mason.

Mason nodded, "If my mate approves."

"I approve." Angelina responded.

"Then, you'll be initiated into the Pack."

Rosie glanced at her hand that was laced within Roman's one. She then stared at both Mason and Angelina, as if in disbelief. "I-I.....thank you." She whispered reverently. Her eyes were misted when she met Angelina's gaze.

Angelina conceded a nod, not knowing what else to say. She felt a tad uncomfortable by her sister's gratitude, but she also felt relief, knowing her sister was in safe hands now.