Chapter Forty Two

"Are you alright? Your trembling. What's going on?"
- Anakin Skywalker.

❆ ❆ ❆

Oriel, Boba, Obi-Wan and Anakin all walked side by side in the hangar towards where Ahsoka's ship was about to land.

"It all makes sense now." Anakin said without context as they walked.

"What?" Obi-Wan asked matching Oriel's confusion.

"If Ahsoka hadn't left the order, then she wouldn't be where she needed to be." He explained but Oriel felt it was a case of denial that what the council had put her through wasn't absolutely corrupt and unfair.

"That's one way to look at it I suppose." Obi-Wan shrugged thinking the same as his wife.

"Or she got out while she still could." Boba said barely above a whisper but Oriel still heard it.

She decided against confronting the obvious matter of his dislike of the order then and there, as she could feel he would have enough stress on him for the next few days already.

"It's the only way to look at it." Anakin walked in front of them and stopped them in their tracks to get his point across.

"We're gonna capture Maul, finally. I thought you of all people would be more excited about this." He said to Obi-Wan referring to Maul's attempt on Satine's life.

"I am cautiously optimistic." He said dully. "I just have bigger things to deal with at this time." Obi-Wan's gaze fell to Oriel before turning back around and walking forward.

"Excuse me, I am not something that needs to be 'dealt with'." Oriel scoffed speed walking to get to his side.

"Not now Oriel." He sighed rubbing his head in attempt to ease his growing head ache.

"Not now? Yes now. You're the one who brought it up." She continued to argue.

"And now I'm ending it." He tried to walk away but Oriel grasped his arm to stop him.

"You listen very closely Kenobi, this is all your fault." She lowered her voice to a harsh whisper and pointed an accusing finger at her stomach.

"So the least you could do is try to be supportive and at the moment you are doing far from that." She continued.

"My fault?" Obi-Wan exclaimed in the same harsh whisper. "I specifically remember you that night begging me to-"

Oriel held up her hand in front of her face to silence him as she was not finished speaking.

"and I am a Jedi Master perfectly capable of capturing a Sith Lord you cut in half when you were a padawan. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go say hello to Ahsoka." She finished and walked towards where Ahsoka's ship had landed.

Her and a few other Mandalorians exited the ship and made their way towards the four Jedi where Obi-Wan had caught up to once he had processed their conversation.

"Ahsoka, I'm so glad -" Anakin started excitedly but Ahsoka stopped him.

"We'll have to catch up another time. Things are moving quickly. Every minute we waste here gives an opportunity to slip away." Oriel watched as Anakin's heart sunk into a pull of hurt and disappointment as he hadn't seen his padawan since she left.

They all shared an awkward glance at each other, not knowing what to do next, while Boba just stared at her longingly.

"We understand. Please, follow me." Obi-Wan said after the silence had gone on for a moment to long.

The group followed Obi-Wan while Anakin stayed put, still in a state of shock. Boba stayed in his position next to Anakin but he wasn't sad, he was to busy staring at her the same way Obi-Wan used to when Oriel had made some modifications so her robes and had her skin exposed.