43.

Bucky

I was packing for my trip with Sam still kind of irritated with Y/N. I understand she forgot her phone was on airplane mode but you still should've let me know you landed safely because anything could've happened to where I would've never known anything even happened. My phone started ringing as I looked over at it on my dresser setting Y/N's name appear. I didn't know whether to answer it or not because I was still a little irritated. But I grabbed my phone and answered anyway.

"Hello?" I answered "hey" She said as if something was bothering her and she was trying not to cry. "Hey you alright?"I asked concerned as I stopped what I was doing immediately. "Um I need to talk to you about something" She started off as there was a pause. Many things ran through my mind like how I was with her earlier and I think I was a bit harsh when it was just a mistake and now that was her last straw before she threw the towel in.

"I uh- I went to the doctor today and I'm pregnant" I heard as I stopped and pulled the phone from my ear before placing it back on my ear. "You're what?" I asked calmly. "I'm pregnant" She repeated. "Are-are you sure? I mean you're on birth control and we used protection from time to time" I asked trying not to freak out because if I freaked out she was going to freak out and us freaking out together is a mess.

"James I'm looking at the ultrasound as we speak" She answered as I sighed some trying to take everything that she was saying in. "Can I call you back?" I questioned. "Really?" She asked a bit irritated. "How about you don't call me at all" She simply said. "Y/N" I said as she cut me off. "No because I'm telling you I'm pregnant and you're asking me if you can call me back" she expressed. "Y/N I don't know how to-" I started off growing even more irritated with her.

"I don't know how to feel or what to feel I've never been through this before so what do you want me to do huh?!" I asked semi loudly. "Bye James" She simply said as I spoke up "wait" I started off but it was too late because she hung up. I just pinched the bridge of my nose then called Sam's number.
"Hello" he answered immediately. "Hey" I started off. "What's wrong now Bucky?" He asked "Y/N's pregnant" I expressed.

"She's what?!" He asked semi shouting "I- I don't know what happened She said she was on birth control-" I started off as he cut me off "she Clearly He something going on if she ended up pregnant!" He expressed just as paranoid as I was. "I swear if Steve's ghost haunts you for this" He started off as. I just looked at the wall. "Sam this is serious" I said. "Well how is
Y/N taking it?" Sam questioned. "Right now she's kind of pissed at me so I don't know" I admitted.

"So not only did you find out she was pregnant but you managed to Piss of a pregnant woman?" He asked. "Yeah but it wasn't intentional I just didn't know how to react" I admitted. "Well are you happy? Excited?, mad?" Sam questioned. "I'm happy but scared too" I honestly said. "Then open up to Y/N about that I'm sure She feels the same way" he started off. "She's probably just as afraid as you are, given everything that has happened in the past" Sam explained.

"No I feel like an asshole" I admitted "because you are" He simply said as I just just stood there. "Alright get off the phone" I simply said causing him to chuckle as we hung up.
I tried calling Y/N's phone but she didn't answer I then tried calling again as it went to voice mail again and this time I left a message.

"Y/N please call me back I didn't mean to react the way that I did earlier it's just that" I started off then sighed "I've never been through this ever before and I have no idea how to be a parent. But I'm happy about it and willing to learn because this is something I've wanted especially with you" I honestly said. "I love you so much and would do anything for you and our baby so please just call me back" I pleaded before hanging up.

I just placed my face in my hands sitting on the edge of the bed. "Shit I'm about to be a dad" I said to myself in disbelief then smiled actually thinking about it. "I didn't want he or she too look at me as a monster when they actually find out about me that was my biggest fear with having children now.

Instead of this fishing trip with Sam I decided to book a flight out to Atlanta that was red eye flight since that was what was left. I thought I should just be with Y/N in this time and to sue her I was here for her and our child.

Around eleven I boarded my flight and headed to Georgia and around one thirty I finally landed. It took about thirty minutes to go through the airport to baggage claim. I grabbed my duffle from the belt and ordered an Uber to Y/N's place. Even after my text and phone call before I boarded my flight asking if she was okay and needed anything she still didn't respond. I was starting to believe that maybe surprising her wasn't the best thing right now if she was still upset from earlier.

We started pulling into her neighborhood as her street was blocked off by barricades, different officer cars. I also seen the lights from ambulances and a couple of fire trucks. "You can let me of right here" i said to the Lyft driver as he stopped the car and I got out with my Duffle walking closer to the scene seeing the fire department put out a fire off what used to be
Y/N's house.

"Shit" I said to myself before walking through the people who was standing around the barricade the officers had up. "What happened?!" I asked trying to get the officers attention. "Sir stand back" one of the officers said. "What the hell happened?!" I asked growing more irritated. "Sir there was a fire that's all we can disclose at the moment." The officer expressed. "That's my girlfriends house!" I started off "Where is she?! Is she okay?!" I questioned in a panicky tone.

"Sir" he started off "IS SHE FUCKING OKAY?! THAT'S ALL I NEED TO KNOW" I expressed beyond pissed as the officer said something to the other officer. "Sergeant Barnes. So sorry" He apologized before allowing me to come behind the barricade. I looked over at her house as it was no longer a house hell she couldn't even rebuild part of her house. It was all gone.

"Where is she?" I asked as I seen a coroner van pull up to the scene. "No" I said to myself in disbelief as I seen them pull out a gurney and Body in a black bag was loaded onto the gurney being pushed towards the coroner van. "No" I said again.

"We were told by a suspects and neighbors she was last seen going to the doctors office this morning and she eventually came back to the house and never left" the officer started off as I felt my eyes water. "I'm sorry for your loss sergeant" the officer apologized as a tear fall from my eyes and the officer kept going on and on but it honestly went in one ear and out of the other. I just cleared my throat some and spoke up "Can I at least see her body?" I asked.

"Once they're done with the autopsy You and close loved ones can view her body" He assured as I felt my heart just been ripped out of my chest. "And just a little information for you and her loved ones before you're allowed to view her body." He started off. "Go in there expecting her to not look like herself" he said as I just bit the inside of my cheek and nodded trying not to cry how I want too. "I'm sorry once again" he apologized.

"How was the fire started was it the oven or?" I asked "from what the detectives are gaining from everything that has happened, it was something with the dryer and it caught fire while she was asleep" he explained as I nodded. "Thank you" I thanked "again I'm story for your loss" He repeated as I just looked down and finally spoke up

 "Thank you" I thanked "again I'm story for your loss" He repeated as I just looked down and finally spoke up

"yeah" I said before hearing someone semi shout my name.
"James!" I heard as I turned around seeing Jessica. "Hey I'm sorry about Y/N" she apologized and hugged me as I just stood there. "Thank you, I have to make a phone call" I started off while pulling away from her. "Okay well if you need a place to crash at tonight You're always welcomed at my place" She assured as I simply nodded some and walked away from her calling Sam's number.