Gossip

I woke up the next morning with the worst headache, the light streaming through my window not helping the situation. I finished the bottle of water I had on my bedside table before making my way into the kitchen to get another and some painkillers to ease the sore head. I checked my phone and noticed that our lecture started in 15 minutes so I went to check Emma made it home and wake her up. I chapped on her door and walked in without waiting for a response, only to find Emma in bed being spooned by a half naked Max Verstappen. I quickly backed out of the room, deciding to text Emma instead of disturbing her conquest for the night.

Jen
Em wtf 😂😂
Our lecture's in 15 minutes
I'll hide in my room until it's safe to come out

I heard her phone pinging and a strained groan before hearing footsteps in her room so I legged it back to mine and set up my laptop in my bed.
I sat scrolling on my phone whilst my lecture played in the background, finding it hard to focus on extractions on a Monday morning with a hangover. Just as I was scrolling through Instagram, mindlessly liking people's photos from the weekend a text popped up from my uni friend.

Sarah
Wtf, is this you??

She then sent a link after the initial text that I opened apprehensively. It was a link to an article on a gossip page, I scanned the page reading the title of the article

WHO IS LECLERC'S NEW MYSTERY LADY?
We did the research so you don't have to.

What the fuck. I scrolled further down the page.

'Jennifer Walker is a Scottish dental student that has been seen with Formula 1 driver Charles Leclerc over the past few days in Monaco.'

There were pictures attached of Charles and I in the paddock on Friday and Sunday

'The 22-year-old from Glasgow recently moved to Monaco and has caught the eye of a certain Ferrari racer.'

Again more photos were attached, this time of my recent Instagram posts. How had they found my Instagram and collected all of this information?

'The pair were spotted at Leclerc's home GP and pictured out with the other drivers at Jimmy'z club in Monaco'

The pictures showed me and Emma with the group of drivers in the VIP area and on the dancefloor, taken on a phone.

'Charles seemed smitten as they shared a late night kiss'

The last picture shocking me the most as it was Charles and I outside my apartment during what I thought was a private moment.

'Let us know what you think of Charles' new love interest in the comments below'

I desperately wanted to just close the article yet I found myself scrolling to the comments section

Leclercfan16: ew wtf why would Charles go for her

Tifosi2004: she looks so slutty in that dress, defos just a one night stand

Charleslechair: she's hardly put any effort into her paddock fit, doesn't meet the F1 gf vibe

I read through more comments calling me a slut, bitch, ugly etc as the tears filled my eyes, blurring the screen. Hearing a chap on the door broke me away from my phone as Emma came in to the room, grinning like a Cheshire cat before her expression changed when she saw mine.