Ch 584: Round Two

Although it irked Lin Ye to no end, he had to admit that Ying Jie was strong. His knowledge of using a sword was much better than his. Although that was not a hard feat to accomplish, he was an amateur at best. The Arts that he used were also something that he needed to watch out for. The ability to control lightning and its traits.

All in all, he was quite strong.

There was still some drawback in using this power though. No matter how fast Ying Jie was, it did not matter if he could not control his movement. Thus the reason why Lin Ye covered the floor with a layer of ice. Friction was Lin Ye's best friend in the fight. Although he had a power-up in his strength, it was just for a split second. Lin Ye could handle that.

He almost forgot about one more ability that the prince had over him, self-healing. This must be a trait that only the royal family of Yan had. A good skill but from the looks of it, healing himself tired him out, so this skill had its limit. A person's body had a finite amount of material that it could use to repair itself, so maybe if Lin Ye cut a big chunk of Ying Jie's body, like a limb or two, he might faint out of exhaustion.

Food for his thoughts.

Lin Ye's thoughts were stopped when he heard thunder crashing above him. He looked up and was greeted with a sheet of grey clouds. Rain droplets landed on his face, soothing his aching body as they landed on him.

Speaking about skills, Lin Ye did have some under his belts. One of them was him getting stronger when it was raining. A strange little trait that his body had. The first time Lin Ye realized he had this skill was when he fought the group from Ursus in Lungmen. When it was raining he could make every other skill last longer and pack more punch. That was why he burst a hole in the roof, letting the rain pour on him. It did wonders to his body.

He sighed as he looked back at his soon-to-be murder victim. Ying Jie was still in shock at what he had just seen in front of him. In just seconds, this bastard just destroyed the roof of a palace without any problem.

Ying Jie was not in a good position right now. With the floor frozen, he could not use his speed to his advantage. If he suddenly increased his speed on this floor of ice, he would easily lose control and crash.

This bastard was as prideless as when he was young.

Then he heard a clicking noise coming from the bastard.

Under the curtain of rain, Lin Ye was reloading a singular bullet into a black gun. When he was finished he glanced at the prince without a care in the world.

Lin Ye sighed, like all of this was just a tiring chore he had to do.

"So?" Lin Ye stared into Ying Jie's eyes, "Let's continue killing each other then."

With that Lin Ye burst into a run. The ice under his feet shattered with each step he took, Chi Xiao reflecting its red colour ominously as it was being pulled back. Cornered, Ying Jie could only hold his sword in front of him to meet Lin Ye's attacks.

Clang!

Sparks followed when the two swords clashed with each other. Ying Jie noticed his opponent's strikes were heavier than before. Lin Ye was able to push him back. He brought his face closer to the prince.

"You fight with pride. A good trait to have, admittedly," Lin Ye said to his face, "It's also a bad one to have in a fight though."

Before Ying could say anything, Lin ye rammed the butt of Contender to his temple. This stunned him, giving Lin Ye the chance to kick the prince in the stomach, reopening his healed wounds.