Chapter 44

Nikolai's Pov

Clenching the papers tightly as I read Thomas letter 'I chose not to do useless things such as wars and meeting up with you, I dont waste time over a crazy man who already knows the woman he loves is already married' I closed my eyes tightly in order to calm myself down.

A knock on the door interrupted me, opening my eyes and glare at the person who quickly move back as soon as he met my death stare "u-uh, your Majesty. We received alot of invitations from the dukes, they wanted you to visit their homes and marry their daught-" I didn't finish his sentence as I throwed the papers infront of his face "Stupid mails! Ignore them!" I yelled, my veins start to form.

He quickly bowed down "Forgive me, your M-majesty" He replied before hurriedly left the room, I looked down and gripped my hair tightly. I am getting angry everyday, since Evelyn didn't want me. The love of my life dont love me but I don't stop there, I tilted my head and think deep in my thoughts.

"Oh, Evelyn. Evelyn, Evelyn. Evelyn even saying your name makes my heart beat again, who says we are not right for each other? We were destined to be together, that morning when I saw you walking down the stairs. I thought you were an angel sent by my mother and it's true, you are the reason of my craziness for you. I won't stop till I get you in my arms.

I looked up to the painting of evelyn, I love painting and drawing. I drew Evelyn's beautiful face to make my heart beat fast again, she is the only light in my world and I will get her no matter what happens. Don't worry mother, I am surely claiming her.

Looking up to the beautiful face of Evelyn as I smile nonstop, should I visit her? No doubt, I stood up and wrapped the coat around my shoulder "Let's go to a place where i can find the light of my life" I said, Jack furrowed his brows and bowed down "Sorry, I don't get that. Where?" He asked, I looked at him coldly "To the Kingdom of Ellesmere" I replied, Jack blinked his eyes confusedly but then quickly nodded before leading me outside the Palace.

Evelyn's Pov

Drinking soup that Anne and Carl cooked, I hissed in pain as the hot soup touched my tongue. Anne widened her eyes and quickly hit Carl's arms "You're such a bad cook! Now look, what you've done!" She yelled at him, Carl widened his eyes and shook his head "I am a great soup cook!" He yelled back.

I shushed them up "Shh! Be quiet, nothing is wrong with the soup. I love the hotness of it, soup is for hot and not cold, right?" I smiled, Anne pulled back away from Carl "right" She said, I laughed "Sorry, I slapped you" Anne said while looking away, Carl tutted "uh uh you have to pay for me it! By cleaning my underwear!" He yelled, Anne and I groaned in disgust "ugh! Disgusting you, I'm still eating" I said loudly.

Carl snorted while laughing "It's not that bad! We all have under wea-" Anne cutted him off by hitting him with a flower from the vase "You idiot she's eating!" Carl ran away while showing is tongue out at her, I widened my eyes and jumped quickly on Anne to prevent her from attacking Carl "Control, Anne! Relax!" I said while massaging her temples.

Anne sighed and releases her anger, I slowly pull away to continue to eat when Anne jumped from the seat and ran to get Carl. I gasped and stood up "Anne! Carl!" I groaned and sit back down, controlling a laugh. Even though they are something but they won't go a day without playing or fighting.

Thomas came behind me, surprising me with a kiss on my head "Hey, why are you here alone?" He asked while sitting beside me, I smiled and looked at him "Anne and Carl made me a soup, wanna try it?" I asked, Thomas chuckled and took the spoon before drinking the soup gently.

I watched him with a smile, Thomas hummed "That is good" He said with a nod, I chuckled "Anne is not a great cook, Carl just saw one of our neighbor cooking and that made him to cook this soup" I replied, Thomas chuckled while looking down "If you let Anne cook then i'd expect it'll be salty" He replied, I gasped and hit his arms playfully "Thomas!" I said, He laughed and shake his head "She last serve me an egg without salt and made me believe you cooked it so I said it's good" He said.