Ch 586: I'm A Monster

Ying Jie's eyes flickered open after he blanked out after a while on the floor. He was still on the floor when he woke up. His arm was still gone when he looked to his side. A lot of his bones were broken from the fall.

Even the wounds that he had did not heal themselves because of how tired he was now. Ying Jie remembered how he got here. Ying Zhen did a surprise attack on him, making him fall to the ground floor.

When he raised his head up he saw a scene that he would never forget. He remembered that he ordered some of the imperial guards to keep guard and find the kidnapper. The prince did not know what had happened to them.

The only thing that he knew was that Ying Zhen dealt with them before he met up with him. He did not know what he meant at the time but when he raised his head to see the scene in front of him.

What he saw on this floor was a graveyard. Wherever he turned his head, there would lay another body. All of them varied in conditions. Some were in a decent state and some lost their limbs. However all of them shared the same trait, the reason why they died was because of ice. They had spikes made of black ice thrust into their chest and head while others were completely covered in ice. His blood froze.

Just as Ying Jie was about to shout in shock he heard steps coming from behind him. He pushed his body to make him look behind him. He saw the last person he wanted to see right now.

Lin Ye could be seen walking slowly down the staircase in the middle of the room. With each step that the monster took, Ying Jie's heart would drop lower into his chest. When he was on the last two steps of the stairs, the monster dropped down and sat on the stairs while looking straight at him.

"So finally woke up, prince charming?" He hummed as he placed his head onto his hand to rest, "You took your sweet time sleeping. I thought you were dead by now. Easier for both of us if that was the case."

Ying Jie wanted to yell at the man in front of him. From the moment his eyes laid on him, this monster did not stop but mocked him at every moment that he got to do so. He was the Prince of Yan, he would not be mocked!

So he opened his mouth to shout at him. However, the only thing that he heard coming from his mouth was just a gush of air. This confused him. Seeing him in that state, the monster sighed like he was a child.

"What are you doing?" The monster asked him blandly, "Are you an idiot?"

Ying Jie did not understand what he meant. The monster must have noticed his confused expression with how he realized something.

"Ah, your body must still be in shock," He drawled out. Then he pointed at his mouth, "You do know that you don't have a mouth?"

Ying Jie's heart stopped when he heard this. He slowly looked down and saw it. Or maybe did not see. His lower jaw was gone now. Blood was flooding out from his mouth, making a small puddle of his own blood under him.

"-!!!"

"Ah. You're panicking now." The monster's voice echoed in the room, "You remembered that ball of lighting you were charging back then. Well when I slammed you with my... attacks, it made you shut your mouth on it. It looked like when that happened, with nowhere to go, your attack exploded in your mouth, destroying it in the process."

The monster then barked out a laugh, thinking that all of this was some sick joke.

"I think this is good for most of us," The monster smiled at him, "The less hearing you talking, the better."

"-!" Ying wanted to shout at him but like before, there was only the sound of him gurgling in his own blood.

"... You did the impossible. You manage to annoy me without having a mouth," The monster raised his hand when he said this, "Impressive."