Chapter 52 - The Slash

Blood and Violence Warning ⚠️
————————————————————————

    (Y/N) slowly chewed her food and listened to sounds of Ki and Akai preparing bags for the trip.

    Anything they could find on the farm that would be helpful on the trip got tossed in a duffel bag they found in one of the bedrooms downstairs. Any extra clothes, blankets, an old pair of boots, even some small farm equipment like a scythe and an ax they could use as quick weapons.

    They were talking about heading towards the city before reaching a highway that will take them out of the area if they follow it. Yama was taking too long and staying at the farm any longer can risk Zankoku catching up to them. So the plan was to leave now and find another place to hunker down in the city. Akai will just follow the link to Yama and bring him back so they can have him for (Y/N)'s transformation.

    When they got to that part, (Y/N) had lost her appetite. She set the rib she was eating down on her plate as her hands shook.

"We should have Dog search the area first." Ki spoke as he zipped up the duffel bag. "In case we are being followed and they had caught up to us. We'll know."

"Dude, we won't have time for him." Akai disagreed, throwing the remaining horse carcass to the other side of the room. "We need to leave now. It's already been two days."

"We leave and then get ambushed by Brus and Lamya. Then what?"

     Akai huffed. He didn't want to send Dog out because Dog has no way of easily tracking them down. He's terrible at tracking. It would just be a waste of time. But there is a high chance that Zankoku sent out the scouts to hunt them down. And knowing Brus and Lamya loved their surprises, if they did catch up it would be an ambush. Akai begrudgingly agreed.

     Ki teleported away, going to the roof to give Dog his orders. Akai took a look at the dead animal before looking over to (Y/N) who was massaging her hands and trying to steady herself.

     The unfinished horse rib on her plate made him raise an eyebrow. "You need to eat up, babe. It's gonna be a long walk~."

"I'm not hungry..." She replied, barely a whisper.

     In all honesty, the food was making her stomach queasy. It tasted different than the food they usually brought, something her stomach wasn't used to.

"If you starve later that's your fault. Horses are like a delicacy."

     Her eyes widened. "A... horse? That's not a-"

     The texture... the flavor... why it made her stomach unsettled...

     It wasn't a deer like usual? They made her eat a-

     She felt her stomach turn and quickly covered her mouth and tried to think of something else. The sky! Flowers! Trees! Anything but poor horses.

     Akai snickered and got closer to her. He lifted up her unfinished rib and waved it around her nose. "If you don't want it, I'll take it~."

     She pushed him away and got to her feet to get away from the smell. All while the blond laughed and picked off the rest of the rib himself. (Y/N) leaned against a wall and swallowed back down her rising bile. She didn't want to throw up. Even if she felt disgusted by it she didn't want to lose energy by yacking her food up.

'Asshole-'

     Ki reappeared back into the room as the sound of footsteps running off the roof could be heard. (Y/N) knew it was Dog and she didn't want him to leave. She would be truly alone with Ki and Akai.