43

Chapter 43 – Coming Battle
In the shadow of the moon, the courtyard along the shore of Lake Qiu was silent, only the sounds of trilling summer insects and the wind rustling through the tree leaves in the deep night.

Luo Mingchuan pushed open his window, the evening air poured in, the cold nipping at his face and clearing his mind.

Outside of his window directly facing Lake Qiu, an expanse of white fog lifted, the moonlight radiating a thousand miles.

He didn't like his about-to-go-off-the-edge mood during the day, so he began to organize his thoughts.

In the dungeon, he found out he got drunk in the past, disturbed his shidi's qi condensation, and caused him to step onto the wrong path. Therefore his heart felt guilty. Originally, deciding to descend the mountain together was because he wanted to make it up to his shidi, and to straighten things out.

But through this journey, just when did it change?

At the Fukong Sea shore, why shidi exchanged cards with him, he did not know. But he had the indescribable intuition that shidi was protecting him. When they were drinking the night of the full moon, when shidi leaned against his chest and said afterwards that he wanted to pass his days well, he still had not detangled what was in his heart.

Until today.

Until shidi opened his mouth and confirmed: there was already someone he would be happy with.

A gust blew through the night, dispersing the white fog before his eyes.

Luo Mingchuan had been cultivating for ten years and never before had he feared confronting his inner heart.

He thought, he would also be happy with his shidi.

But what about shidi?

Shidi was still too young, and his mind was also simple and pure, could he really distinguish between a shixiong's feelings and the feelings of a dao companion?

Luo Mingchuan watched the tumultuous lake water.

It didn't matter. He could wait.

From the Academy to Cang Ya, from Shidi's thirteenth year to his twenty-third, in the future he would be there for every year of Shidi's life.

Luo Mingchuan's mind cleared, and he quickly entered a meditative state, beginning to practice the Jia Lan Pupil Arts.

When Yin Biyue's mind was not peaceful as he meditated. He might as well get off the prayer mat, sit in front of a table, light a lamp, and polish his sword.

He recently felt more and more, sword polishing was something beneficial to the body and mind, allowing a person to quickly calm down.

The candle light illuminated three feet of the clear edge, and reflected his face in the sword.

Miss Qu was very good. Regardless of either family background or appearance, plus she was gifted and devoted to cultivation, with no negatives at all.

In that case, why was his first response to refuse? Could it be this happiness was not his to have?

"Within my heart is a wide road and love for the world, how can you restrict me?"

No, this kind of reasoning should be something that someone like Eldest Shixiong, or possibly Shifu, saying it.

He himself was clearly neither an ambitious nor solitary kind of person.

Because of the unrest in the world, crises one after another- fine; this can barely be called a reason.